Rockshox 2001 sid xc hydroair help

Uppy27

Retro Newbie
I'm confused by the service manuals as my forks have two air bal as on the top but the manuals only state one.
I'm wanting to service them and totally lost as it says let air out of left leg then remove top caps, does this mean both air valves to be removed
And then do I put air back in both valves or just one.
So.ebody HELP ME PLEASE

Re:

All 4 threads are regarding servicing your forks. One thread is sufficient even if as you go along you get more questions just ask them on your thread so at least people can follow what you’ve done or asked

Re:

So you can't help, not surprised really as it seems you dont have anything better to do than co.mwnt on things not concerning you

Re:

As above, your forks sound like dual air, so will have a positive and negative air chamber.

When the manual says remove the to cap, it means the entire air valve assembly, not the air valve from the assembly. You'll need a large wrench/spanner or an adjustable one to unscrew it from the crown. It is really important to let the air out before you do this, otherwise the pressure will blow it out and up. I forgot to do this once, and I was lucky my face wasn't in the way as the cap blew right up and hut the garage ceiling leaving a dent. My face was mms from being hit, would have caused a lot of damage!

Make sure you let all the air out from both Chambers!!!!!

Re:

Thanks ishaw

So both air valves are classed as top caps.
The service manual is rather confusing as there's no mention of two air valves and when putting air back in there's no mention either so do I put same psi in each leg as it just gives one psi for the riders weight

Uppy27":29zla431 said:
Well instead of been a smart arse to people why don't you try helping

I simply pointed out forum rules about multiple posting of threads. You’ve been rude on every reply. I have helped you be pointing out the version you have is dual air. You are using the wrong manual if you are working from the Hydra air manual. You need the prior version as it’s a different fork. 1999 I believe.

Joining a forum and going off like you have is uncalled for.

One of us has got to be a smart arse as it seems it won’t be you ......

Back