Did they make the Kona P2 in 700c?

Raging_Bulls

Sbike Fan
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I still had this spare Sbike 503 frame and a 1 1/8" Xlite Angelo stem looking for the right bike, so I figured I'd get me a 1 1/8" threadless fork and build something around those 2.
A couple of weeks ago I managed to score a nice Kona Project 2 fork with the same A-C measurement (400mm) as my other 503's original fork and a nice long steerer tube, so I figured I was off to a good start.

I just took delivery of the fork and compared it with the original one form my Sbike. Turns out the brake bosses are right where the rim is on my bike.

Did Kona make a P2 in 700c as well? The Ebay listing clearly stated that it was a 26" fork. It doesn't look like 26" to me though.
Pretty sure the bosses are too low for a U brake too, so that's not it either.

Attachments

• P2 fork.jpg
    P2 fork.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 567
Guess that explains it then. Bugger.

Time to contact the seller. Sigh ...

EDIT : Think I'm gonna keep it. One of my frames needs to have the dropouts fixed anyway, I might as well let them convert that one to 700c. To my knowledge nobody's ever done a hybrid or cyclocross Sbike before.
Or I could just file off all the brake bosses and weld in tabs for drum brakes. That would be another first.

Raging_Bulls":169cub4d said:
Guess that explains it then. Bugger.

Time to contact the seller. Sigh ...

EDIT : Think I'm gonna keep it. One of my frames needs to have the dropouts fixed anyway, I might as well let them convert that one to 700c. To my knowledge nobody's ever done a hybrid or cyclocross Sbike before.
Or I could just file off all the brake bosses and weld in tabs for drum brakes. That would be another first.

This happened to me too. The fork had been sitting for 3 months before I got to build the bike.
Seller not responding - pretty annoying.
Do you remember the seller?

Hi
I am Building a SBIKE TK 28 Inch Build ... and looking for a new fork ;-)
In case you are interested in selling the P2 fork?

Think I’ve got one in the garage , but will take a few days to find it (just moved house). It will be 390mm a/c.

Back