Tail wagging the dog - what frame fits a 26.8 seatpost?

2manybikes

Old School Hero
Hi all, I've done a lot of lurking on this site, and far too much buying too. I now have a genuine, if a bit weird question...

What nice old MTB frames take a 26.8 seatpost?

I ask because I have a lovely and possibly unique mid-90s X-lite seatpost which has a lot of sentimental value, and unfortunately it's this weird size. Any help would be appreciated!

Re:

GT RTS uses that size. I'm sure I've had other bikes needing that size but can't think of another one right now.

Re:

Thanks all, some very good options there!

I'm not a fan of shims, and I'd love a Yeti FRO, but not sure I'll find one in my price range, but a Rocky Mountain sounds a good bet. Will check out if an old Blizzard takes this size.

Cheers!

Re:

Sorry, I'm prejudiced against GTs. I had an xcr I drive 3000 which was horrible and 3 karakorams which were nice but all of which got stolen! Not technically GTs fault but I still won't buy another!

Re:

Thanks all - to finish the story, here's the seatpost in question. It was a normal X-lite (I think ZX seatpost) which were usually silver with a choice of colours for the clamp.

My brother bought this one and it broke at the joint between clamp and post. Knowing X-lite were local (in Branksome, Bournemouth) we rode off across the heath to go and moan at them like all self respecting gobby teenagers...
They were really helpful, and rather than chucking us a replacement, offered to make a custom job by colour-anodising the post in my brothers choice of colour - I think he did well with this combo! Anyway, I finally got this off him a number of years ago, but didn't want the british eagle frame it came from, so it's been sat about for years!

Attachments

• Xlite post.jpg
    Xlite post.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 356

Latest posts

Back