X-Lite frame - any information please

Adam3288

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone tell me anything about this frame please? Eg age, original spec etc. It's an aluminium X-Lite, fits 700 wheels, cable guide for cantilever brakes, British made(?), guessing 90's... am thinking of building it back up.

Also, OK I know this is a subjective question but is it considered in any way half decent or desirable?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC08331.JPG
    DSC08331.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 404
Yup, looks like an early/mid 90s generic alloy frame and someone has put a sticker on it.

Stick a Ferrari decal on it, it will be a Ferrari!

Looks like an older Giant or similar with the rear stays in the 'wishbone' style

You may find that the headset is 1 1/4 size

The actual X-Lite mtb frames were rebadged raleigh torus with a polished finish.........

Re:

As far as I know, yes. The one in the pic looks pretty generic alu to me, especially based on the drop outs.

Re:

Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge, for being gentle in bursting my bubble and not taking the mickey for my foolishness.

Luckily it didn't cost me anything and I'm happy to settle for an early 90's Giant. I will still rebuild it but just not be too fussy about which components I use - and minus the stickers!

Re: Re:

Markybeau":6elwrr1j said:
So they were all titanium?
Yes, as far as i am aware it was some sort sort of a tie up, an X-Lite equipped Raleigh.

Trimnel X-Lite forks, and a smattering of other X-Lite goodies on a top end raleigh torus (with xlite stickers/branding)

Only ever seen a couple.

Back