Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re: Re:

beeewu":2ww7wnrt said:
Heavy":2ww7wnrt said:
beeewu":2ww7wnrt said:
Hi Guys, anyone know any info about this Saracen? code on rear is DO2 1110
thanks

Not much - I know Saracen made a lot of non-regular model bikes.

There was one of these for sale in the North East recently.

Hi Heavy, just interested in how old it is and what frame was used...been having a lil look around and can see similarities with Tufftrax, eiger and Traverse.
heres some photos to show what i mean...(mines the last photo)

Did someone call?

I think you have nailed it their mate, it's a 1990 Traverse frame but sold in 1991 as a special edition. 1991 was the only year they used that style of decal as for 1992 they had a big change of direction and went minimalist.

Re:

They made various Special Editions i 1991 that all looked the same. My then girlfriend had one with 300LX that shared the same paint scheme. It was too small for me but I had to race on it when the Browning fork on my Marin PM crapped itself. I could never get the seatpost to stay up either. I think it was one size too small.
I'll try and look through some photos to see if it had the same tube extension behind the seat tube.

Re: Re:

Did someone call?

I think you have nailed it their mate, it's a 1990 Traverse frame but sold in 1991 as a special edition. 1991 was the only year they used that style of decal as for 1992 they had a big change of direction and went minimalist.

Thanks brocklanders023 for the knowledge!

Re: reproduction decals

hi i have a 88/89 saracen eiger team, does anyone know of anyone/anywhere that reproduces the decals or who could?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 10.20.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 10.20.06.png
    663.9 KB · Views: 683
Re:

That's a 1990 mate, you can tell by the yellow decals. 89's were white. Nice bike btw. :cool:

See Gil_M on here for decals. He defo has this style on file so should be able to make some up for you.

Just sent you a private message as you won’t be able to get in touch with Gil otherwise (You need to make 30+ post to do that)

Just sent you his email address and website link

Nice bike by the way

Re: Saracen Hardtrax 1997

Hi,

Here's my recently acquired 1997 Saracen Hardtrax.

I am in love with it...

I could do with some advice actually on how to adjust the handlebars to get it in line with the front wheel. Any tips?

Attachments

• 20200819_040647.jpg
    20200819_040647.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 579
Back