Stripping alloy frame - latest ways?

bjellys":2ndujsrb said:
I will let you know tomorrow I've just applied some no nonsense paint striped to an alloy frame .I have found it depends mainly on what lacquer that is on there already. Cost £5.00 from screwfix with 1 p going to charity

I used that stuff at the weekend it’s ace - It doesn’t dry up like Nitromores and works a lot longer plus it’s less than half the price

Looks more like PVA glue than stripper

Just unwrapped the. frame pressure wash and all good.
I just couldn't resist a quick polish on my bench polisher with 6'' mops on just 10 minutes and the result is below I will also use a 4'' angle grinder with a felt disc which gets into the hard to get places .There are areas that need flatting out due to slight damage but a quick initial polish shows them up.

Attachments

• maxam hot chilli polish.jpg
    maxam hot chilli polish.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Maxam hot Chilli 88 fram.jpg
    Maxam hot Chilli 88 fram.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 172
  • MaxamPOLISH2.jpg
    MaxamPOLISH2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 172
Re:

Well I got some of that no nonsense paint stripper, applied 2 coats tonight and leaving it over night and I'll see what I have in the morning

p3pb18820104.jpg

Re:

I’ve ordered some of this off eBay and it actually has the missing “special” ingredient in it that Nitromors used to have. I know it’s a bit more expensive than the Screwfix stuff but this means I don’t have to go to a store which at the moment is good for me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252471247040

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Well, I didn't have so much luck stripping my frame but I don't think it fault with product, there was orange and a black with metal flakes, and a few other layers
p3pb18833556.jpg

Although it did help it needed loads more!! So I hit it again with a grinder, with wire mop!!

Got one half finished
p3pb18833540.jpg

Back