Project 2 dropouts.

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Was there ever an early (1996 or before) Project Two Triple Butted with dropouts stamped ‘Kona’ rather than ‘Spinner’ ?

Re:

Rampage":1sfsfulv said:
Was there ever an early (1996 or before) Project Two Triple Butted with dropouts stamped ‘Kona’ rather than ‘Spinner’ ?

Yes.

I think these are 1995:

Pip

Attachments

• large_DSC_4267.JPG
    large_DSC_4267.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 406
Re:

....And these are 1994

See 2nd picture:

Pip

Attachments

• 1994 P2_1.jpg
    1994 P2_1.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 405
  • 1994 P2.jpg
    1994 P2.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 405
  • 1994 P2_2.jpg
    1994 P2_2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 405
Re: Re:

pipmeister":r65sc7g8 said:
Rampage":r65sc7g8 said:
Thanks, are the blue ones yours?
No, I'm sorry they are not. These are just some random pictures that I happened to have on file.

Pip

Do you know the history of the blue forks in the picture you posted?

Re: Re:

Rampage":esj8uvvl said:
Do you know the history of the blue forks in the picture you posted?
I'm sorry that I don't even know where I got the pictures from. I would have saved it either from a Google Image search, or a pair for sale on e-Bay, with a view to using the pictures for future reference. I just looked at Properties in my P.C. files, and I saved them in September 2011.

The only other picture that I have on file of Blue Project Two Forks are the pair below, which may have been for sale on this site. Again it was from years ago.

I filed the picture as it shows the earlier Dropouts on the Blue pair, which are clearly 390mm Crown to Axle.

Pip

Attachments

• P2_three.png
    P2_three.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 318
Re:

Ok thanks. I won that exact blue pair on eBay a week or so ago, the steerer has been replaced. I thought you might know the history.

Back