Bottom Bracket Removal.

Sounds exactly what I had on my Scott which I removed last night - I took a hammer and screwdriver to remove the locknut (careful to not slip and scratch paintwork), a hammer and nail punch to remove the 6 holed thingy (not sure what it's called!) and just now need to find an adjustable wrench big enough to remove the other side.

Just need to find a sealed shimano of the right axle length now!

Heavy":21d6cd83 said:
I have always been lazy when it comes to changing BBs so into the LBS they went.

Now I need to remove the BB from my '87 Courier and need to buy the tool.

I see six holes around the cup, but have looked for the right tool and can't spot one.

This isn't it is it?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Icetoolz-Adjustab ... 53e796fcaa

TIA

out of interest which are decent LBS now in Teeside?

I remember spending alot time at The Complete Cyclist in Stockton.

In Middlesbrough I recall a small one quite far down Linthorpe rd and on a side road, cant remember the name
- ?probably Colin Armstrongs

Later I used to hang about at Jack Taylors watching Norman build frames!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Links to pics didn't work, but sounds like an old FAG bottom bracket to me. I have the 6-pin tool for it, you could borrow it but don't s'pose you need to..

lensmansteve":2drnm3zb said:
Links to pics didn't work, but sounds like an old FAG bottom bracket to me. I have the 6-pin tool for it, you could borrow it but don't s'pose you need to..

sorry my fault -there is probably some term for starting up again a 9 year old thread with a completely new direction just because I was brought up in the same area as the OP!

No probs, I'm easily confused, didn't see the date on the thread.. I studied at Hatfield Poly, as was, in the 70s, just to increase the randomness..

Re: Re:

The History Man":2199h41h said:
I’m impressed you know her name is polly

At least there is a connection now, i was commenting are your lovely pictures from the Cleveland Way the other day!

Were you in the area back in the day to remember any of those old bike shops from Teesside?

Re: Re:

The History Man":3jq1esfn said:
I’m impressed you know her name is polly

Cheeky monkey. I did know a few Hatfield Pollys, indeed was given a dose by one of 'em.
Btw, I've been a biker. Highlights have been a lovely '61 Norton 650SS, and a '77 Suzy GT500 that I won "Best Two-Sroke" with at the Invader Rally in '86. Impressed? Knew you wouldn't be.

Back