Kona Project forks query

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,

I just wanted to pick the brains of a Kona expert.

I was just looking at these on e-bay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Project ... 4613046228, they have a 440mm A2C which is what I'm looking for but they look a bit odd (to my eyes) with the crown race 2" up the steerer tube. Is there another version with longer fork legs?

Apologies if these are post 1997 but they have canti bosses and no disk mount so I'm guessing they must mid to late 90s.

What model of Kona would they have been fitted to?

Cheers,

Jim

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Early 2000s, aftermarket IIRC.
The long steerer below the crown race is snesible to save weight, but does look odd.

hamster":zshhrufj said:
Early 2000s, aftermarket IIRC.
The long steerer below the crown race is snesible to save weight, but does look odd.

Ah OK thanks, I think I'll pass on them.

Nice quality suspension adjusted rigid forks with canti bosses and a long steerer tube seem to be hard to come by. :(

EXotic carbon ones in 440 or 460 from carboncycles.cc are worth considering. Compared to TB P2s they are the same weight but less buzzy to ride.

hamster":2fznb1xa said:
EXotic carbon ones in 440 or 460 from carboncycles.cc are worth considering. Compared to TB P2s they are the same weight but less buzzy to ride.

Thanks, they look nice but I wanted to stay with Steel. I've picked up some Salsa Cromoto instead.

Cheers,

Jim

Back