1997 Kona Explosif Frame Gold - Lost in post with My Hermes.

Re: 1997 Kona Explosif Frame - Lost in post with My Hermes.

It's a shame as their booking system is great. It's just the physical side of their service which fails.

Hermes :facepalm:. Again :roll:. They said they delivered a NOS Shimano CN-7401 chain from a private German vendor to me. I was locked down, so was at home. Never seen their courier. My phone number was known by them, just in case. Never got a call. Filing a claim is a nightmare. Only the sender can do it. BTW, you're a honest seller for having refunded the buyer, Trebz. I'm still waiting for my money. But seeing how the sender (so the vendor) is "motivated" to ask Hermes how far has the request progressed (this is this kind of company you have to phone/write every day or so to be sure they don't forget about you), I clearly doubt about it. He simply doesn't care, as I've paid the S/H fees and merchandise. And Hermes knows it: it's obviously very easy to restrict the claim to the sender, as most of the time, this is the recipient who has paid a packet's content and S/H fees. So the sender follows the request only vaguely, as Hermes owns the recipient's money, not the sender's one. Then time ran out. And your file is closed without any means to recover anything. And yes, the packet was tracked and insured. I'm still wondering what's the purpose of the insurance companies (in this case and other situations) beside making profits. Covid-19 pandemic showed us they're of little to no help.

I just got a resolution from My Hermes, they said the frame is lost, the case is closed and I can't have any more than the default £20 compensation because I failed to opt for the higher level insurance.

I'm now refunding the buyer of the frame to the full value of the sale.

Please, don't EVER use My Hermes. Their service levels are a disgrace and if they can lose a WHOLE boxed bike frame how will they manage the delivery of smaller parcels !

Gutted.

Dude harsh, sorry to hear about that.
What a shitter.....

Trebz":12gc8xgu said:
I just got a resolution from My Hermes, they said the frame is lost, the case is closed and I can't have any more than the default £20 compensation because I failed to opt for the higher level insurance.

I'm now refunding the buyer of the frame to the full value of the sale.

Please, don't EVER use My Hermes. Their service levels are a disgrace and if they can lose a WHOLE boxed bike frame how will they manage the delivery of smaller parcels !

Gutted.

That's a tough one. Feel for you.

That is a heck of a kick in the nuts - very sorry to hear that.

Re:

I feel your pain, I sent a set of n.o.s xenon headlights to a pal. He was gardening when he saw a box fly over his garden gate onto the patio. I had the extra cover but they tried to wiggle out of it as the small print say's they won't cover car parts. I did know this so I'd labelled them as "Art" after a heck of a lot of hassle I got compensated for the value.

It seems to depend on the driver in your area too. Our old driver from Hermes, left a box with" world of wallpaper" enblazened all over it out in the rain for the day......although we have a large open fronted porch.

Genius........the new bloke is a bit better.

Although he seems to try to evade detection every time he comes here. He never knocks and leaves parces in random places ( on a farm that can be very random). The record is 3 weeks to find one, as we cant talk to anybody all we got was it's been delivered.....helpful....WHERE DID YOU DELIVER IT! Oh I see, behind some plywood in the car lodge...helpful.

Over the years I've posted hundreds of parcels all different sizes and never had one go missing.
Also had loads delivered.
Did have a non collection a couple of times. However they did collect the next day.
We have had the same Hermes Lady for years now and she's nice.

Back