1997 Kona Explosif Frame Gold - Lost in post with My Hermes.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

I recently sold my 1997 Kona Explosif frame to a chap over Oldham way, My Hermes came to pick up the parcel and have now reported it as lost. They LOST a bike frame packaged up in a bike box !!

Here's the link to the Ebay sale, please take a look and if you see it on Ebay or anywhere else please remember me and let me know. I will have to refund the buyer and take the frame loss as a hit. That's £340 in total, right in the middle of my term of unemployment when I'm skint. The seller ain't overly please either, I'm feeling very let down by My Hermes at the moment. I will have to add that I have sold a number of frames, components and a full bike and all other parcels have been delivered perfectly, one even went to Greece ! Iv'e started the claims process with My Hermes but I'm not getting my hopes up. To add to this annoyance I can't even speak to a human about it at My Hermes, it's all automated from the web or automated on the phone.

Here's the Ebay link and a few pictures of the frame: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=410011

Re:

Ouch, I feel your pain...

My Hermes “lost” my daughter’s Frog 52 bought on eBay. Same frustrations. Listed as “Lost”, no hope of speaking to anyone. Even went to the Depot without any joy. Fortunately as a Buyer rather than Seller the money has been refunded and I’ve got her another Frog locally. I feel sorry for the Seller as he was great.

Avoid My Herpes at all cost, folks.... :twisted:

Re:

Loads of people in my area complaining of lost/missing deliveries hermes mark as delivered.

Worst courier ever....

Re:

I've had a few issues with Hermes, but relatively speaking not so bad. Royal mail has lost more that Hermes, yodel I'd not touch with a barge pole.

Largest thing I've had lost is a set of expensive suspension forks, not sure how you lose a bike frame in a bike box.

I hope you get the £ or the frame turns up.

Re:

Heremes delivery drivers will leave parcel on doorstep if no answer at the door :facepalm: :evil:

Re: 1997 Kona Explosif Frame - Lost in post with My Hermes.

Bit shite.

I do have to say it's quite laughable you need to insure, via themselves, to cover their ineptitude.
The law should be - you paid for a service and if they bugger it up, they pay for their inability to do it correctly. Should be standard consumer rights, no matter what the cost is to themselves. Assuming the sender declares its true value.
or is it already like that ?
(EDIT seems it is like that, in theory)

Just had a look from your link to compensation.

This is how to claim for a lost parcel..
https://new.myhermes.co.uk/faqs/account ... arcel.html

Is it just me... but is the one thing you need, like how to actually do it, missing from the information?

Re:

Ouch, that is hard one to swallow. Whilst little comfort now, DPD for UK and EUR and TNT for international are excellent (I work in Logistics). Two firms already mentioned in this thread, not so much.

I’ll defend Parcel Force / Royal Mail a little bit as their volume of traffic is staggering so its not surprising that they have a few go stray.

Back