Robs warners suspect saracen

themountie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys u may remember a couple of months ago I came across a bike that may have been rob warners saracen
Well time for a rant
After speaking to Pete tomkin who also spoke to Rob warner, jez avery who raced against Rob, kerry Bason who was on the team at the time with Rob and speaking to the Stanforth brothers, we had to conclude that it was not robs bike as it had not got any of the ware marks, etc and tape marks from where Pete made the custom chain device for it and from the vile if Jason mc Roy's ashes that was fixed to it,

They claimed to have robs race number and other docs but he would not send pics to me first and just wanted me to go and see it

That being said it still looked to be a team bike as per the Stanforth brothers

So I was speaking to a guy agreed on a price a week or so later he comes back with another price higher than what we agreed.

We both agreed to have a chat and meet up after the lock down so I could take a good look as he said she was in no rush to sell,

I get a msg this morning saying he's sold it.

Mmmmm something now not sitiing right

Re:

I now get sent this as a reply

I sold it for a lot more than I was asking. Offer was too good to refuse. It was bought by a rival of Warner’s.

Back