Possible ebay scam

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Won a hope hub just there, then noticed something added to the description about sending the funds to a different email address.
I hadn't noticed this and just paid as per usual. Few minutes later got a message asking to send a payment to said email address.

The seller account is 19 years old with only 245 feedback, and selling feedback is over a year old.
Before answering the first email i got another stating they'd somehow managed to link to that original email that would i expect have been normally attached to the account, but i had to wait 21 days till the payment cleared before they would send.

I was intending to bid on some other bits he's selling finishing shortly, but this runabout on paypal accounts has me a bit concerned. Wont be bidding on anything else. And I'll probably file a dispute as soon as able.

It's probably someone who lost the original password or something, ill give the benefit of the doubt but who can say :?

Re:

Similar thing here. Refused to pay via alternate means, issue apparently sorted and item allegedly sent but I doubt I'll see it. Expecting to have to raise a dispute, but buyer protection will cover it. Annoying thing is you cant raise a case until a certain time has elapsed even when you know it will never materialise.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, time will tell but as far as similarities go, its identical.

Re: Re:

ishaw":31urwgzv said:
Maybe I'll be proven wrong, time will tell but as far as similarities go, its identical.

You never know, hell the onza guy always messages to get you to pay off eBay, maybe fee avoidance?. Hope it works out favourably. It's the wasted time, that gets to me too more than anything else.

Mike

Re:

I've seen this before. I myself have an eBay account that was 10 years old before I sold anything.

Also bear in mind that people are quite lazy with feedback these days. I'm missing about 80 - 100 on about 500 transactions. So things could look worse than they are.

Although the email issue does sound dodgy.

What's the name of the seller?

Back