Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

DynaCol":zarxbh1p said:
There was also the Technium Sheer which had a carbon fibre downtube, only seen one of them ever come up for sale.

I saw one on eBay a year or two ago, in my size, and have regretted not buying it ever since

Re:

I striped the parts from the technium peak. It’s a 22” frame my dad used as a road bike. I only ride in the woods so it was an awful size for me.

Bar code sticker on it

Attachments

• D6413467-01C5-403D-A01B-C01A4A3D90AC.jpeg
    D6413467-01C5-403D-A01B-C01A4A3D90AC.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 210
DynaCol":2f5kr4z5 said:
There was also the Technium Sheer which had a carbon fibre downtube, only seen one of them ever come up for sale.

Yup, in the 1992 (French) Catalogue in our Archive & Gallery.

Serious wedge @ 14900 Francs = approx. £1550

Attachments

• 1992 Technium (French).png
    1992 Technium (French).png
    520.3 KB · Views: 192
The frame on eBay sold for under £100 iirc

Re: Re:

Caramba Kid":2ndqkkkb said:
Looks like my Mission frameset as well as the Odyssey complete bike are still at the ex's after 4 years :shock:

Hopefully collect them when this COVID-19 crap is done.

Called in to see my daughter & ex today (my birthday treat) for the first time in over 2 weeks as they'd had colds / Covid symptoms :cry:

Collected the Mission frameset - it's a 1991 as frame # starts B
Also took a cheeky photo of the Odyssey bike - had forgotten the ex still has my old 1994 M-trax Ti 2000 sandwiched between my Odyssey & daughters Giant Alu-Lite.

Attachments

• IMG_2832.JPG
    IMG_2832.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    818.6 KB · Views: 196
Re:

Another one added to the collection: Pre-production 1992 Dyna-tech Diablo 'Show' frameset

Cheap ebay purchase & didn't realise it had been for sale on here until speaking to the seller (PeterPerfect)

Spent this morning stripping it down to just the frameset ready for de-grease, wash, polish & wax.

As suspected the steel seatpost is stuck :facepalm: so currently upside down with a seat tube full of penetrating oil.

After cleaning off the swarf on the bb shell I spotted what looked like a second serial number almost completely hidden by the plastic cable guide.

Upon removal it revealed SB9551 (my David Baker race frame is SB9786) so definitely a custom Special Products build, which ties in with Peter's knowledge of it's previous history as a Show frameset.

The plan (once the seatpost is extracted) is to remove the badly scuffed & peeling "Dyna-tech" & "Diablo" decals and replace with new copies.
It will be built up with period XT gears & cantis plus best of British - blue Hope Ti-Glide wheelset, Middleburn, X-Lite , U.S.E etc.

All the removed serviceable parts will be donated to the local bike building charity.

The wheelset,Campagnolo Aconcagua rims on Alivio hubs,are super smooth & good overall condition so will probably appear in a for sale thread in the next few weeks.

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    795.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2835.JPG
    IMG_2835.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2836.jpg
    IMG_2836.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 266
Any ideas how "retro" this Raleigh Jersey is? Hong Kong seems an odd place for a large quantity of retro raleigh jerseys to turn up.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Retr ... 8428011a1f

I've been thinking about it for years on and off, but I've finally reached out to two local companies that make team / club cycle clothing to see if I can get some blue / black Dynatech replica jerseys made up :cool:

20151110_143535.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I'd definitely be interested in one. Shame beenbag are no longer around. Maybe get an Rb logo added too?

Back