Heads up if yr struggling to send stuff during this crisis..

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Well, bigger/heavier stuff at least :p

I had a frame/forks and bits to get sent after it sold unexpectedly on here, and knew getting to a PO to use ParcelForce would be tricky, as I'm very rural and couldn't really justify a 20 mile round trip to the nearest big PO that was prepared to take it, and couldn't really class it as an essential journey, either....

Out walking and a DPD Local van passed me, which set me to thinking... looked them up, and sure enough they do a collect from you service (as long as you have a printer to do the label), next day delivery, rather than two days for PF48, cost a bit less too, and they are much cheaper than PF on anything weighing under 5kgs (which this didn't)

Lad who picked it up was really lovely, didn't need me to sign anything in the circumstances but made sure I knew he had filled it all in for me. Had a quick chat and off he went!

Thought might be useful info for anyone else wanting to at least be able to barter and trade a little during the lock down. I'll certainly be using them from now on.

Stay safe, everyone.

Re:

If you use sites like parcel monkey etc, then you do have an option for some of the services to collect rather you take it to a drop off point.

I'm really impressed with our local DPD chap too, great guy and goes out of his way to help.

The History Man":2tq37mkq said:
Mine is hot.

Apparently.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Suppose I had never really thought about it before, necessity being the mother of invention an' all that, plus I have only relatively recently come by a printer, so it was never an option until now.

They've delivered to me enough times over the years, so I should have thought, I always liked their tracking system and delivery window times that they give you.

Re:

If you use Parcelforce they can collect ftom your address and the driver prints off the labels and puts them on your box.
Probabky have to leave the box outside your door at the moment I guess...

People slate Hermes but I've sent loads of stuff though them and also the Hermes lady that delivers here is very nice.
Yes, you need a printer for the label.

Kona-Ian":3ootaj2c said:
People slate Hermes but I've sent loads of stuff though them and also the Hermes lady that delivers here is very nice.
Yes, you need a printer for the label.

I have a nice my hermes girl as well, but the collections are not usually done by her.
For the last few years they[myhermes] have never collected and the drivers refuse to take
the parcel from a parcel shop, if you find a parcel shop that will let you leave a big package.

I took a risk when I posted a frame last week, picked MyHermes[saved me 4 quid].
The girl who drops stuff off collected it, on time.

All small things have been going myhermes as usual. You shouldn't need a printer to use a drop
shop, they have the option of having the label printed in the shop.

Main problem now is I have run out of bike boxes, I use the cardboard for boxing smaller things.
I get boxes from Evans, but they were only doing deliveries last time I looked at their website.
I don't suppose they will deliver a free bike box;-)

I use DPD a fair bit, I personally think they're brilliant and they also have a good app which keeps you updated on parcels that are on their way to you.

Also I've had frustrating issues in the past with Hermes but during the last year I've used them to send out loads of parts and they've always been great. Our local rep does a good job of pick ups and drop offs and lets me know if she's running late or roughly when she'll arrive if I need to go out.

Couriers are doing a great job right now or as great as they can be.

Back