Budget tyre recommendations?

Re:

Planet x have tons of cheap tyres that might suit your budget and weight. Tend to be Victoria made and various tread options. They were selling continentals pretty cheap recently,onza too.

Re:

ishaw":1tfawxl9 said:
Planet x have tons of cheap tyres that might suit your budget and weight. Tend to be Victoria made and various tread options. They were selling continentals pretty cheap recently,onza too.

Yeah, I do keep an eye on the site, but all they’ve got right now is a bit wide/modern.

I've been very happy with Michelin Country Mud. Check the reviews on Chain Reaction, I'm not alone.. Good value, long lasting, grip well and weigh around 600g. Also Geax Gato 1.9" folding are worth a look, think they might be getting hard to find though. 550g, very fast rolling, I've bought several. Also about a tenner, on clearance sale sometimes at Planet X.

Re:

lensmansteve":1ao4wwnj said:
I've been very happy with Michelin Country Mud. Check the reviews on Chain Reaction, I'm not alone.. Good value, long lasting, grip well and weigh around 600g. Also Geax Gato 1.9" folding are worth a look, think they might be getting hard to find though. 550g, very fast rolling, I've bought several. Also about a tenner, on clearance sale sometimes at Planet X.

Cool... I have a pair of Michelin country cross tyres on my clockwork, were very cheap from CRC a few years back... maybe I’ll check out the “mud”s... thanks for the tips.

I have Gatos on my Clockie, they run faster than the Muds, weigh less but not quite as grippy on loose stuff.
Wear faster too, but that's the world of trade-offs I guess..

Just had a brief butcher's on Planet X- the best "bargain" I could see was, for the princely sum of £7, the 26x2.0" Vittoria Revolution G+, but they're wired and virtual slicks with rain sipes, so no good for your needs. With added Graphene though, so they're really spoiling us, aren't they?

Right now I’m trying to fit a new panaracer fire TLC to a wheel...
Being tubeless compatible it’s an absolute sod to get on the rim... I’ve been here before and my main concern at the moment is avoid tubeless compatible tyres in future to avoid this aggravation. :facepalm:

Looking at the Impac range - old schwalbe designs so maybe ideal. Tempted by a pair of smartpacs for the Raleigh Peak, they’re the old Smart Sams. Anyone tried them? Want something that’s ok on both road and trails, would be nice if they’re not too heavy...

Back