BotM February 2020 nominations - Blue Collar Special

Re:

Well if we're talking "back of the garage" and "low to mid-range" then I may as well throw this into the mix as I doubt it'll get entered into another competition.

There's no build thread for this as it's never been, well...unbuilt! Been in the family since brand new and apart from the saddle it's completely original even down to the original tyres and brake pads and "cranks of death" that should have been replaced under a recall.

Have a great Sunday everybody, let's all try to get along.

pazaudi's 1994 Marin Muirwoods:

U6NOtLf.jpg

1lDCgyr.jpg

I make that 16 entries?

Re:

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've got quite a few bikes that could be eligible! I assume I can only enter 1 of them?!

markjohnson76 1992 Saracen Traverse. It's unrestored and barely used so no build thread though the grips have been changed at some point. The water bottle is very ugly, but I was riding round the park with the kids when I took the photo and I was thirsty:)

Attachments

• Traverse.jpg
    Traverse.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 3,227
17.... can we get to 20?
What’s the limit?

Number 18 for this month...

WimVDD's 1991 (I guess) Colnago Maxim.

I had friends asking me if this is a Columbus Max bike. I always had to disappoint them as it's not. It was an entry level Colnago that had tubes looking like the (more expensive) Max OR's but that actually was... entry level. It weighs a ton, groupset of rather lower end quality (exage 400 LX) but -and this is why I bought it- it has those great early nineties Colnago colours. I love it.

Attachments

• Maxim_2_LR.jpg
    Maxim_2_LR.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 3,177
  • Maxim_1_LR.jpg
    Maxim_1_LR.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 3,177
Double-E F":2drb0do5 said:
Nice one, Wim!

Thanks Eef! I'm currently turning it into a school bike for my 10 yo son. For one or other reason he wanted a vintage mountainbike to go to school. :LOL:

WimVDD":3c28bcor said:
Double-E F":3c28bcor said:
Nice one, Wim!

Thanks Eef! I'm currently turning it into a school bike for my 10 yo son. For one or other reason he wanted a vintage mountainbike to go to school. :LOL:
Can't blame him: retro is cool for school :cool:
Didn't he prefer to take the Karakoram, though ;)?

Back