Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
I’ve recently had a very pleasant retail experience buying from our Antipodean cousins...a very nice mid 80’s Suntour Mountech rear mech. In what I’d describe as good, with possibility of being bumped up to VGC once I’ve had a crack at it, all for the princely sum of £14.50 plus just over £11 for international shipping!
This sort of price £25-£30 inv p&p here in the UK would get you something a lot rougher, and from the states it would have incurred a load of charges/fees.

I’m not sure if our pound is particularly competitive against the Australian Dollar at the mo, or if a trade deal has now sorted out the fees etc... but I’ll definitely be looking down there again. :cool:

Attachments

• BF44874E-FC78-4490-94BD-66ABEB643E33.jpeg
    BF44874E-FC78-4490-94BD-66ABEB643E33.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,192
Good call! I'm on the hunt for a single silver 'made in Australia' Aeroheat Velocity Deep V rim!

I've seen some pretty good stuff, but the shipping to the US has always been insane.

Like $15 NOS rims, and $40 each for shipping.

wesmamyke":2htzgzzb said:
I've seen some pretty good stuff, but the shipping to the US has always been insane.

Like $15 NOS rims, and $40 each for shipping.

Yeah, I'm not sure what’s happening with stuff going in and out of the good old US of A & the UK, post, taxes, handling fees, clearance charges etc etc on both sides just seem to be spiralling....like someone is making money out of it?

Back