Proflex 856 - Girvin Vector fork woes

chilled

Retro Newbie
So...I'm still running around on a 24 year old bike and a few things now need replacing. Got a bunch of M6 hardware on order to replace all the rusty bits on my Girvin Vector forks. However, one of the the 'sculpted seal washer' parts has split. Trying to find new parts is akin to needles/haystacks, so was wondering if anyone had any ideas on alternative seals that work?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... Clinic.pdf. << The replacement parts page suggests there's a seal kit RK15032 available, but of course, 20 odd years ago!

Given they are basically plasticky seals (Hostallay?) I may simply machine some on my lathe out of nylon with a 'good' i.d. fit.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    769.4 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 604
Well...I've spent the last hour or two scouring the net... Transpires this kit: "K2 NOLEEN Pro-Flex RK005" will get me out the pickle I'm in. One UK seller on ebay appears to be selling the same seal in packs of 12 (though I've asked them to confirm the size is 20x13x1.5) - if not, then I'll be sourcing them from the US, or, making my own.

Re:

I've bought one of these kits, and they look like the genuine article (I haven't fitted them yet, but the washers look like the originals).

Mmm, they are indeed the parts I now have on order...worth a £15 punt. The actual seals that come off the bike are custom moulded* for Girvin, later manufactured in 'Hostallay' (some funky name they gave to the rubber compound they used)

*flip them over and you can see the witness marks of four ejector pins to bump the part of out the mould.

Re:

Believe it or not, some of these kits came up for sale on eBay. It’s by a company with its own website. I think they specialize in nos random bike parts

Yesterday I ordered the fork and proflex bike kit. They are sold as k2 parts but on photo of back of kit it lists the proflex bikes and forks

Back