show us your elevated c/s bikes

So, my just rebuilt Rocky Mountain Cirrus.
file.php

Re:

Just joined this forum almost entirely for e-stay information, here's mine (and me with it) a 1990 Nishiki Ariel. Love the first few years of steel Nishiki's, the way the stays attach to the frame makes for an insane amount of tire clearance. I run mine in mountain/off road touring mode with a 650b x 2.4 tire in the rear and its still got a little room. I put a modern fork on the front so I could clear 650b x 2.8. When I had it set up with 26" wheels 2.8 WTB Rangers would fit no problem when mounted on Rhyno Lites. The dirt drops are temporary, while I figure out who can make me a very wide version of Nitto's moustache bar. Ran some older TI Jones bars for awhile but the angle made my hands go numb unfortunately..

Some cool build details I'm proud of.
-Bullseye hub with pink ano flanges on a purple body
-7sp Sach's freewheel that spins like butter
-Raceface Turbine converted to a wide 46/22 double
-Deore XT derailleurs, with the front running to a vintage Simplex clamp on downtube shifter mounted to the seattube.
-Brooks B72 that I dyed black myself
-TI Nitrade Gold chain as a seatleash
-NOS Pink Dia Compe brake hoods on drilled Dia Compe brakes
-Made those roll top frame bags myself, they tie on using the same paracord and the mini triangle is a roll top as well
-Classic Suntour bar end shifter

Attachments

• 79649868_1453167364841509_1712646182401998848_n.jpg
    79649868_1453167364841509_1712646182401998848_n.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 463
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.05.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.05.22 PM.png
    520.3 KB · Views: 462
Hey Kuba, welcome to RB, interesting build you have there with some great parts, looks very purposeful.

An estay isn’t something I have in my collection although I did own a Saracen that went to a new owner in the US.

I hope you meet many like minded people here and enjoy your time :)

Minifreak":252d2v2m said:
Hey Kuba, welcome to RB, interesting build you have there with some great parts, looks very purposeful.

An estay isn’t something I have in my collection although I did own a Saracen that went to a new owner in the US.

Thanks! Found the introduce-yourself thread after posting here, whoops.

yourfriendkuba":prju0i2l said:
Minifreak":prju0i2l said:

Thanks! Found the introduce-yourself thread after posting here, whoops.

I’m sure all the estay lovers will be happy to see your bike buddy.

Re: Re:

Welcome to Retro Bike

Had a good look at your bike - and I’m intrigued to know .....Who or what is RubarB the green dinosaur?

yourfriendkuba":26kegcrm said:
Just joined this forum almost entirely for e-stay information, here's mine (and me with it) a 1990 Nishiki Ariel. Love the first few years of steel Nishiki's, the way the stays attach to the frame makes for an insane amount of tire clearance. I run mine in mountain/off road touring mode with a 650b x 2.4 tire in the rear and its still got a little room. I put a modern fork on the front so I could clear 650b x 2.8. When I had it set up with 26" wheels 2.8 WTB Rangers would fit no problem when mounted on Rhyno Lites. The dirt drops are temporary, while I figure out who can make me a very wide version of Nitto's moustache bar. Ran some older TI Jones bars for awhile but the angle made my hands go numb unfortunately..

Some cool build details I'm proud of.
-Bullseye hub with pink ano flanges on a purple body
-7sp Sach's freewheel that spins like butter
-Raceface Turbine converted to a wide 46/22 double
-Deore XT derailleurs, with the front running to a vintage Simplex clamp on downtube shifter mounted to the seattube.
-Brooks B72 that I dyed black myself
-TI Nitrade Gold chain as a seatleash
-NOS Pink Dia Compe brake hoods on drilled Dia Compe brakes
-Made those roll top frame bags myself, they tie on using the same paracord and the mini triangle is a roll top as well
-Classic Suntour bar end shifter

Attachments

• AECFA6F8-4EF8-447D-9A29-55903810F424.png
    AECFA6F8-4EF8-447D-9A29-55903810F424.png
    491.3 KB · Views: 368
Man, oh man, I am falling for the look of the vintage e stays pretty hard here. However, I've never ridden one. Is there a big difference to a standard vintage MTB?
There is a 92ish Rocky Mountain Cirrus frame,and a 98 Scott Endorphin Carbon complete on pinkbike, and a Haro Exreme complete listed locally (within 150km).
Do I need another retro project when I don't even have an operational mountain bike?

Back