Hope TI glide query

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bid on a pair of 700c wheels for a retro hybrid build. They’re Mavic rims on TI glide hubs and were very reasonably priced and in lovely condition, little used.

Of course, in my haste to pick up a bargain I failed to notice they were tubular rims... :facepalm:

Plan A was to rebuild with clincher rims... thing is I then discovered the rear axle is 130mm, and the trek frame is 135mm...

No problem I thought, I have a couple of 130mm spaced early MTBs. Only thing is, the hubs are both 28 hole and I can’t find any 28 hole 26” rims...

So... what shall I do with them?

Have you tried putting a wanted ad up? quite a few 28h rims come up using search.

Or,,,,give them to me for cheaper :)

Re:

Yeah, I’ll probably hang on to them until the right rims come up... or frame.

Shame though, cos 700c 28h rims are easily found, and I was looking forward to (finally) making a good start on the trek. Can the rear hub be respaced? Frame is bonded aluminium so I think it’s going to want to stay as it is...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

You could just swop the rear axle for a 135mm one and change the drive side spacer.

The ti glide bodies are the same size whether 130 or 135. Or even disc for that matter. Its all down to the axle length.

dyna-ti":2vfwif74 said:

You could just swop the rear axle for a 135mm one and change the drive side spacer.

The ti glide bodies are the same size whether 130 or 135. Or even disc for that matter. Its all down to the axle length.

Have hope got the bits?

bluetomgold":1as7ynkg said:
dyna-ti":1as7ynkg said:

Have hope got the bits?

That I could not tell you. Despite popular belief I don't have a direct line, in fact I rarely phone.....just in case they recognize my voice :LOL:

But I should have.

I shall check on the dawn of the morrow :cool:

dyna-ti":2xltf2om said:
bluetomgold":2xltf2om said:
dyna-ti":2xltf2om said:

Have hope got the bits?

That I could not tell you. Despite popular belief I don't have a direct line, in fact I rarely phone.....just in case they recognize my voice :LOL:

But I should have.

I shall check on the dawn of the morrow :cool:

:LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back