FS3

PJ156

Retro Newbie
This is my project :)

It's all original parts except one bush I will have to have remade and the grips. I'm going to do some touching up painting but mostly leave it as it is.

I am new to this so, if anyone has any advice, I am all ears.

PJ

Attachments

• 001.1.jpg
    001.1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 237
Re:

Cool project, you don't see many Nishiki FS3's around.

Saying that, best check for cracks in the frame, mainly the head tube and seat tube junctions. They were a bit notorious for failing there.

Will look forward to more updates :)

Oh yes, very nice. Plenty of love here for the Nishikis ans anything Cunningham/Mantis, too.
Anything with square tubing gets my vote ( I have the steel/aluminium Nishiki ACX).

Looks to be in good condition. As said previously, they are notorious for cracking, so check here often:

All the best,

Attachments

• Nishiki FS3 (Small).jpg
    Nishiki FS3 (Small).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 155
So the bike if finally going to be built. The rear suspension arm is going to be coated but I'm not sure what to do with the frame. The head tube was replaced a few years back and is plain aluminum at the moment (with no badge :confused:). I don't know if I should strip the frame and repaint it. If I do I lose all the original decals. Or if I should just paint the headstock by hand and leave the frame in it's original colour with stickers intact. I think I will try the latter option first, no going back if I strip it. What's the thought on this ... as original as possible or update the bike?

Latest posts

Back