anyone identify this?

winking weasel

Retro Guru
Hi all, I've been away for a good few years now but now starting to get time again to fiddle with bikes! my first back in the game bike is this.... but can anyone tell me what it is?? it's got mostly stx so I'd guess that was the original group set and rst 400 s I think are original. i would hazard a guess at late 90s? thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200126_121909.jpg
    20200126_121909.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 605
Re:

forgot about them! I was thinking Trimble but wasnt sure if it was just seem cheap copy...whatever it may be I still think it's pretty cool

Re:

Not sure it's an s bike. Alpine stars did one like this, I think there was also a 'lotus' as well as a few other variants.

Re:

The alpine stars had a strange headset size for the time, and was also odd that it was a threaded headset but the steerer on the original forks had tube above the threads to fit an ahead stem.

Re:

yep that blue one looks spot on and same fork aswel. the guy I got it off has owned it from new and said it was 700 quid back in the day so that rules out apollo at least, and it's certainly not scaffold pole it's a very light frame. It has a serial no. on the bottom so il check tomoz and see if I can get any further

Back