Bike of the Year 2019 - Time to vote!

Pick your winner

• January – oneschnark's Grove Innovations Assault 1988/1989

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • February – wtb_rider's 1986 Salsa Scoboni

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • March (30 years and older special) – Spaltinho‘s 1989 Rock Lobster fillet brazed

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • April – Haalands 1989 Mantis Valkyrie

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • May – oneschnark’s Mountain Goat "Golden Goat" 1989

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • June (Mountain Mayhem special) – mk one's '94 Brodie Expresso

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • July – felixdelrio's 1991 Gecko Genesis

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • August – Smithjss70’s 1989 Yeti C-26 tribute

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • September (tie) – Haalands 1988 Fat City Cycles "f**k N Fat Chance"

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • September (tie) - boy"O"boy's 1992 Marin Pine Mountain Browning suspension

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • October (splatter & fade special) – mkozaczek's 1991ish Grove Innovations Assault

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • November – Regan_ev’s Yeti C-26 Team Homage Replica

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • December – Jwlinn’s (Earthquake Jake's) 1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

this year the competition should be renamed................BIG BUCKS BIKE OF THE YEAR....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

What will the ney Sayers have to say about the wallet waving now...... ;)

Re:

Photographic skills play a big part in it too. Not sure if Iphones really cut it :facepalm:

Re: Re:

M-Power":29oapygp said:
Photographic skills play a big part in it too. Not sure if Iphones really cut it :facepalm:

the quality is there this year though for sure.. :cool:

sinnerman":3rxvd939 said:
M-Power":3rxvd939 said:

the quality is there this year though for sure.. :cool:

Quality every month for sure. I always upgraded parts on bikes bitd, so Im more attracted to unique ‘vibey’ builds like that than recreating exact stock replicas but each to their own. :D

Re:

sinnerman":1s690mbg said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Man the build quality has risen like ive never seen before, nearly every bike is flawless in its way, and there isnt a cheap build there is there....?

Absolutely stoked that my Pine Mountain appears in the BOTY vote but seeing the line up, I feel I’m punching above my weight with this level of BOTM winners! .......

In terms of a cheap build though - the whole restoration including purchase cost came in at less than a set of Cook Bros Cranks! :shock:
To make an impact with a low cost build is possible, but at this level it’s simply outclassed by the big players.....and stunning they are too!

Good luck to all the entries! :D

M-Power":1s690mbg said:

Now I feel really bad! (Iphone6 + sunny day) :oops:
Once I’ve stopped dropping big $$$ on my unicorn build - perhaps a decent SLR should be my next purchase! ;)

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

boy"O"boy":31opqmhr said:
sinnerman":31opqmhr said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Man the build quality has risen like ive never seen before, nearly every bike is flawless in its way, and there isnt a cheap build there is there....?

Absolutely stoked that my Pine Mountain appears in the BOTY vote but seeing the line up, I feel I’m punching above my weight with this level of BOTM winners! .......

In terms of a cheap build though - the whole restoration including purchase cost came in at less than a set of Cook Bros Cranks! :shock:
To make an impact with a low cost build is possible, but at this level it’s simply outclassed by the big players.....and stunning they are too!

Good luck to all the entries! :D

M-Power":31opqmhr said:

Now I feel really bad! (Iphone6 + sunny day) :oops:
Once I’ve stopped dropping big $$$ on my unicorn build - perhaps a decent SLR should be my next purchase! ;)

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Its nice to see that there are still a lot of dedicated folk out there, and its not until times like this, it smacks you in the face.

Although, Regans water bottles are worth more than most of my bikes.....lol... :shock:

And Im the same with photos, I still only have an I-phone 5 that I use.. :oops:

Having looked through the list, I realised I’d only voted for one of them during the year, so that got my vote this time..... my taste must be out of whack I guess

Like Boy’O’Boy wrote, I’m also absolutely chuffed to be in this list. Since joining RB and seeing other people’s builds and taking inspiration from many different people, it was my ambition to get a BOTM award, and I’m super grateful for the support my build received. I might’ve had to pay a premium to get hold of some of the unobtainium but a lot of my build came from used parts and it was photographed with an iPhone to the absolute best of my ability. :p I totally agree that good photos taken by a good eye and using a good lens and camera really do make a difference, so props to those who have. My entry is in with some amazing bikes and builds. :cool:

Back