Marzocchi bombers can you lower them?

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
As a last ditch attempt as they are up for sale as Z3 Flylight 100 are too long for my Sunn Xircuit!

I’ve fully renovated and rebuilt them and am gutted but will adjusting the rebound lower them?

Thought I’d ask before I fanny on and end up having to refill the oil?

If they can be lowered then I’ll be chuffed!!!!

Re:

I lowered some marzocchi all mountain 3's simply by threading spacers onto the pumping rods, causing the fork to lower by the length of said spacer.
I made the spacers out an old handlebar hacksawed. I don't know if your bombers are the same though!
Kes

Re:

I might try that but the bolt inside the top of the stanchions you mention controls the rebound?
Wouldn’t this just affect how hard it springs back out when compressed as opposed to the ride height? :?:

Re:

You can lower pretty much any 30mm stanchion Marzocchi that has negative springs.

Two ways to go about it, longer negative springs and shorter main springs. Or just stacking an extra pair of negative springs.

At one point they sold Z-1 lowering kits, really just negative springs about 2-1/2 times normal length. This will drop the fork more than an inch.

Stacking two sets of normal negative springs lowers the fork maybe an 1". You can use the standard main springs, usually with no preload at all, as they will already be preloaded a bit.

Back