Mystery UK Built Aluminium Frame Help Needed Please!

Re:

Neilios":gcz2gx8x said:
I wonder if I know the guy who owned it first... I'm local. I know a couple of lads who rode for Cykik, don't mid showing them the pics if you'd like me to.

Would be great if you could ask if any of them remember it, the chap I purchased it from was in his mid sixties.

Re: Re:

MR OX":8oe0m1kf said:
That is super cool, is it a 1 1/4" headset?

Yes it’s 1 1/4", any thoughts on it’s maker? Looks like I’m going to have to start buying early 90’s MBUK again :LOL:

1978":thi05do8 said:
Neilios":thi05do8 said:
I wonder if I know the guy who owned it first... I'm local. I know a couple of lads who rode for Cykik, don't mid showing them the pics if you'd like me to.

Would be great if you could ask if any of them remember it, the chap I purchased it from was in his mid sixties.

PM me his name if you like.

I wonder if it's best to turn this on its head and come at it from the other direction: Make a list of UK framebuilders from that era, research their aluminium frames, compare with yours. There's probably enough knowledge on here to build a definitive list. Got to be easier than re-buying MBUK in the hope that the answer is in there.

Re:

Wasn't many building in alu, the only one I recall apart from bigfoot was louis Colella but it doesn't look like one of his.

Neilios":1vw8d483 said:
PM me his name if you like.

I wonder if it's best to turn this on its head and come at it from the other direction: Make a list of UK framebuilders from that era, research their aluminium frames, compare with yours. There's probably enough knowledge on here to build a definitive list. Got to be easier than re-buying MBUK in the hope that the answer is in there.

Thank you, I will do shortly.

I’m not aware of anyone building in aluminium in the UK apart from the aforementioned (Bigfoot), so the list would be rather short! The only lead that I do have is that the builder was featured in one of the magazines as mentioned. Unless there is an online MBUK archive (perhaps I should’ve created one before selling mine!) I can’t think of another way!

stevet1":28qb2nhc said:
Wasn't many building in alu, the only one I recall apart from bigfoot was louis Colella but it doesn't look like one of his.

Thanks, I’d forgotten about Colella, I seem to remember a tandem? I’ll see if I can research whether he was based on Cornwall.

Back