Please Help me identify this bike: Possibly Orange

Ok, with the pressfit BB its not a cheapy, its niggling that I cant think of the 'other' frame I remember looking like this.

Anyway, if it smells of satsumas and tangerines...

legrandefromage":lzcpo982 said:
why on earth would you modify every cable guide?

Heres an earlier O - whether thats a help or not (boy 'O' Bys' O)

file.php

file.php

Haha, no idea why, but the one who added those ugly braze ons could know the reason! But I think the cable stops were not moved. If they were, it was a very clean and perfect job, as they look exactly the same as the original ones.

By the way, this bike was bought in the Canary Islands, Spain... Don't know if that helps at all. ;)

Cheshire1980":1tb9ao4l said:
Had the same bb on my 17 inch alloy O.
Am very sure that’s a modified Aluminium O frame :)
Especially as you have the frame number, and the geometry looking identical to my 1991 orange o frame.

Ha! Great :D I think it is an Allu O, too. Perhaps the previous owner decided to switch the cable stops or as it was for Europe they did as with cars and switched things hahaha. Sorry bad joke :LOL:

Re:

Thank you all for your help!! I really appreciate it. Was having head akes with this frame. It seems to be the Allu O 91 then... right?

I will get rid of that paint and leave it "naked" with some nice Orange Allu O decals, etc.. Make a new/old light MTB. It would be my first, so any advice will come handy. :)

Re:

Taking the paint off will let you know if its an "A-Pro" manufactured frame for sure.

I havent got the rest of the range im afraid, but this shows there top of the line offering, also had a square profile to the stays, i thought i remembered Scott having an offering like it too, but im only going from a vague memory.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3623.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3623.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 807
Re: Re:

sinnerman":i1vicwst said:
Taking the paint off will let you know if its an "A-Pro" manufactured frame for sure.

I havent got the rest of the range im afraid, but this shows there top of the line offering, also had a square profile to the stays, i thought i remembered Scott having an offering like it too, but im only going from a vague memory.

Thank you! I have seen the Calois. Don't they all have square shaped cantilever cable stops? (I don't know how they are called). This model has the cable stops of the top tube down right and mine up right. :(

mini.cabrera":wanivoza said:
sinnerman":wanivoza said:

Thank you! I have seen the Calois. Don't they all have square shaped cantilever cable stops? (I don't know how they are called). This model has the cable stops of the top tube down right and mine up right. :(

I think like Mark has suggested the best way to proceed to find out what it is, is to remove the Paint, this will give definite clues to how it was labelled when it left the factory, it may even have some left over decals embossed in the frame but at minimum it will show a frame number, from this you "might" be able to pin point the factory who made it.

Cables routes can differ throughout a range of bikes within one brand, but the BB on your certainly directs you to a higher model, Sadly i dont have any more Caloi info on there range, but looking at the rear end, welding, dropouts etc i wouldnt be at all surprised if it came from the same source as yours and the Orange. Each Brand would have had there own variations to make the frame there own and separate it from the pack (so to speak).

I fear untill you have carefully removed the paint it might all be just best guess im afraid.

I think the main clue without taking the paint off, is to try and match up the rear brake bridge area with the two mounts shown in your picture.

sinnerman":32i8keog said:
mini.cabrera":32i8keog said:
sinnerman":32i8keog said:

I think like Mark has suggested the best way to proceed to find out what it is, is to remove the Paint, this will give definite clues to how it was labelled when it left the factory, it may even have some left over decals embossed in the frame but at minimum it will show a frame number, from this you "might" be able to pin point the factory who made it.

Cables routes can differ throughout a range of bikes within one brand, but the BB on your certainly directs you to a higher model, Sadly i dont have any more Caloi info on there range, but looking at the rear end, welding, dropouts etc i wouldnt be at all surprised if it came from the same source as yours and the Orange. Each Brand would have had there own variations to make the frame there own and separate it from the pack (so to speak).

I fear untill you have carefully removed the paint it might all be just best guess im afraid.

I think the main clue without taking the paint off, is to try and match up the rear brake bridge area with the two mounts shown in your picture.

Thanks! I will do so. Let's see if it gives some more clues :) I have also seen similar things on the Al-Mega from Alpinestar (the none E-stay model from 1990) but the stays are thinner and I think they are not square-shaped.

What size is the seatpost, the Aluminium O is an unusual 27.6 diameter. That slightly grey faded seatpost, Kalloy, was alway supplied with the O’s, I have 3 just like it on mine.

Back