Brake and gear cables...

Senior Retro Guru
Where do people tend to go for there brake and gear cables for there bikes?
There's stacks on eBay of the JagWire kits but most don't include the gear inner cables for whatever reason?

Looking for something maybe without the silver lettering.

Any recommendations? :)

Re:

I'm usually buying shimano cable kits from crc whe they have a same on, but recently bought a box/roll of gear outer from plant x. Seems decent enough and will do many bikes. I tend to buy the ferrules/sheath kits as I need them from wherever does what I need. Cable wise, again planet x often do them at sill prices so I buy a bunch and replace when run out.

For added bling, a box of multi coloured end crimps to match the build scheme/ferrules used.

£30 should get you years of inner, outer and the rest if you shop around.

I do like the kits you can get to seal your cable run (essentially just plastic sheathing that fits over the ferrule ends) but seems only available for gear cables.

O rings over open cables to prevent frame rub helps.

I buy inner gear cables for a pound each from the Bike Cabin in Chorley. I don't see any difference in quality between these and the ones from Halfords at about £2.95 each.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Whatever I do I go with stainless inners. Galvanised ones corrode and get sticky too quickly. The odds and ends kits from ebay work for me, I usually look for a job lot of inners.

Latest posts

Back