1992 team marin

konacarl

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone help with the RAL colour for the green on the 1992 Team marin please?
I looked at ford signal green and it seems too dark. I'm colour blind so struggle with greens :roll:
theres a link to one on here if it helps..
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=275504

RAL is only a tiny set of standard colours. Bike manufacturers do not use standard colours, so RAL colours are only an approximation.

Re:

The neons of this year are much discussed.

You just won't find a single answer on ral code, shade..blah...

Not surprising marin went bland in 1993..lol.

My advice is to match it best you can, with guidance for your optical deficit.

I have used powdercoaters for forks and stems, tougher and more satisfying
Finish. Also I've read about plastikote and other rattle can offerings can bring
A decent d.i.y result. With careful application.
Also dont worry too much if the decals are a little different in colour. They always were. From factory. Or at least faded significantly quicker than the paint.

Keep us updated.

RAL numbers are in several series- the classic series is the one most relevant to paints, and a match for your Marin's green would probably be 6037 (pure green) or 6038 (luminous green).. I think 6038 is closest.. Whether you can find a paint is another matter, but I'm sure you can find something better than Ford signal green- I have used signal green in the past, it's miles off neon!

Thanks for the help everyone.
I went to collect it today from the powder coated expecting it to be blue and having to paint the rear end. It’s green (signal green I think) so I’m going to get it blasted again and will get it sprayed instead.
A Friend was doing me a favour so couldn’t really kick off about it.
I’ll start a new build thread when I get chance.

Re:

1992 Team Marins were painted green then had the purply blue painted over the top of the main tubes. You could see the green underneath the blue in places of mine.

I used a fluro green spray from Homebase to touch up mine. It wasn’t brilliant but from a metre or so away it wasn’t so bad.

Back