DO IT NOW - Greasing Seatposts.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
When did you last loosen off and give it a wiggle about :?

Or remove, regrease and replace.

DO IT NOW

Especially after all this rain we've had ;)

remember to grease those carbon posts in those carbon frames with that extra petroleummy grease so everything expands nicely and you never suffer the embarrassment of having to move a seatpost again

ever!

EVER!!!

legrandefromage":12296afa said:
remember to grease those carbon posts in those carbon frames with that extra petroleummy grease so everything expands nicely and you never suffer the embarrassment of having to move a seatpost again

ever!

EVER!!!

If you have a carbon post in a carbon frame and no mechanic to maintain it for you after every stage then you deserve everything you get!

Re:

I've got a tub of this that I bought many years ago for assembling car brake callipers:

51gzRv6VD5L._AC_.jpg

I now keep it with my bike tools and slap it on everything, seatposts, handlebar stems, bolt threads, bottom brackets.

Never had anything sieze yet.

Stuck seatpost ?, not at all, but such horrors are a horror to sort, and all for the want of a little wiggle now and again.
Especially with multiple bikes, you might easily overlook it.

took two of us an hour today to remove my post. Luckily an understanding work mate. Plus cut the excess Thomson post off and lost 2oz. Payment for invaluable 'muscle' one cake. I like to look at cakes. Do not eat them.

Back