Alan Carbonio info?

pazaudi

Retro Guru
Having picked up another carbon frame to accompany my other one below, it got me curious about the original maker of this frame, Alan. Info seems to be quite scarce on the mountain bikes made by Alan, does anyone have any brochures, pictures or general info about them?

WofL3pT.jpg

Hello,
I have an alan from the late 80s, here is a picture. Mine is an earlier model than yours

Attachments

• alan 88.jpg
    alan 88.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 489
Re:

I have an early Carbon ALAN with an AMP style rear end waiting for refurb. I shall probably never get around to it, as projects are mounting up.
If anybody has any interest send me a PM, its a bit of a rare beast and £300 would buy it.

pazaudi":qmxct6c5 said:
Having picked up another carbon frame to accompany my other one below, it got me curious about the original maker of this frame, Alan. Info seems to be quite scarce on the mountain bikes made by Alan, does anyone have any brochures, pictures or general info about them?

Hi , just for my curiosity.....

Your frame has printed "Alan" on headtube or seatstays or is bare aluminum?

yanee71":1fbk8zyy said:
pazaudi":1fbk8zyy said:

Hi , just for my curiosity.....

Your frame has printed "Alan" on headtube or seatstays or is bare aluminum?

Hi, there's no markings on either frame...just bare aluminium and serial number under the BB housing. However I will check again.

Re: Re:

Rod_Saetan":1rmoyimb said:
Have you got any pictures Carl? I’m not going to buy it but I’d like to see it!

Hey Roly.

Here you go, with a little time it would look lovely, apparently they only made 50 from what im told, and they were mental money...?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 409
  • dgerger.jpg
    dgerger.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 407
  • dtyu75.jpg
    dtyu75.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 407
  • ethetg.jpg
    ethetg.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 406
  • drtgher.jpg
    drtgher.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 406

sinnerman":20gc3kmb said:
Rod_Saetan":20gc3kmb said:

Hey Roly.

Here you go, with a little time it would look lovely, apparently they only made 50 from what im told, and they were mental money...?

PM'd, I would be interested in this, £300 you say?

pazaudi":vcycpzaz said:
sinnerman":vcycpzaz said:
Rod_Saetan":vcycpzaz said:

Hey Roly.

I would be interested in this, £300 you say?

£300 for the frame, and with a little thought and work I would think it would be a show stopper, whats nice is the badges are still there too.

Back