frnt mech set-up w/ bio-pace rings ... ??

k-rod

Senior Retro Guru
Decisions, decisions ...

So I've decided to run with M-730 cranks, M-732/735 mechs, and a 28/38/48 Shimano bio-pace triple ring-set on my Brodie Romax re-build; but I've never had the pleasure of working with bio-pace rings before. I'm guessing that the front mech gets mounted on the down-tube such that the outer cage-plate just clears the biggest ring at it's highest (apex) spot by the usual 2 mm clearance space between the plate and the ring teeth, with the rest simply falling into place (the clearance space will obviously be somewhat greater at the ring's point of narrowest diameter)?

Is this the correct way of setting such a drive-train arrangement up, if anyone in-the-know about such matters would please tell?

:?:

Re:

You’ve pretty much summed it up there, except the Mech is attached to the Seat Tube – the Down Tube is the long diagonal tube that goes from the Head Tube down to the Bottom Bracket.

As you say, just set the clearance of 2mm-ish at the widest (highest) point of the chainring. The wider gap at the narrowest (lowest) point looks a bit odd, but you should be able to shift successfully without the chain getting dumped over to the outside of the large Chainring.

Pip

Latest posts

Back