BotM October 2019 nominations SPLATTER AND FADE SPECIAL

Re:

Neilios' Arthur Caygill 653

This is my first BOTM submission - having seen the quality of the other entries this month, I'm pretty nervous about entering!

This is my Arthur Caygill 653. I've owned it from new in 1994, and restored it to as close to "factory" spec as possible over 2018 and early 2019. Pretty much everything is as per original - right down to the cable ferrules, the only major exception being the stem. Wherever I could, I reused original parts, but there is some NOS stuff in there too. A real labour of love, but I've really enjoyed the build.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=381597

Thanks for looking!

Neilios

Re: Re:

Neilios":1aek0wr6 said:
Neilios' Arthur Caygill 653

This is my first BOTM submission - having seen the quality of the other entries this month, I'm pretty nervous about entering!

This is my Arthur Caygill 653. I've owned it from new in 1994, and restored it to as close to "factory" spec as possible over 2018 and early 2019. Pretty much everything is as per original - right down to the cable ferrules, the only major exception being the stem. Wherever I could, I reused original parts, but there is some NOS stuff in there too. A real labour of love, but I've really enjoyed the build.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=381597

Thanks for looking!

Neilios

Thats bloody lovely. I dont know much about Arthur Caygill Bikes, but i now want one. Would you ever sell?

Tomianson":3brgt8t0 said:
Thats bloody lovely. I dont know much about Arthur Caygill Bikes, but i now want one. Would you ever sell?

Thank you Tomianson! Hell no, I intend to be buried clutching this, it's 100% a keeper.

You do see them fairly often on eBay, but they're usually road bikes. I'll keep an eye open for you though!

Neilios":dllb0txv said:
Tomianson":dllb0txv said:

Thank you Tomianson! Hell no, I intend to be buried clutching this, it's 100% a keeper.

You do see them fairly often on eBay, but they're usually road bikes. I'll keep an eye open for you though!

I totally understand, definitely worth keeping.
Thanks for keeping an eye out, if anything crosses your path let me know.
T

Re:

Sinnermans 1990 Cannondale SM1000

This one started life as a paintwork basket case, but it was just something i couldnt throw away, always liked the early Dales, the paint was subtle but cool on a handmade aluminium frame.
So with the help from a member here supplying the fade design in pdf format it could finally be refinished in paint and not a decal.

This has been loitering in different build states for about as long as ive been here, 3.0 frame with matching Ritchey fork, now predominently All Deore Xt, Turbo saddle, Syncros stem, Araya RM20s raidial/front, Hite Rite (black), Ritchey tyres and grips.

Attachments

• CANNONDALE SM1000 (2).jpg
    CANNONDALE SM1000 (2).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 506
  • CANNONDALE.jpg
    CANNONDALE.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 506
As the Welsh would say...'There's tidy' :D

Need me some of those top tube clips.... where they at?

Attachments

• CANNONDALE SM1000 (2).jpg
    CANNONDALE SM1000 (2).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 495
^ Peachy, go to vintagecannondale.com and you can order new aluminium ones. You can get repro plastic ones but they’re not as good and the original ones command quite high prices when they come up for sale

Back