New "Retro" tyres

Re:

Hello again everyone,

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Based on the strong feedback for a 1.95“ tyre, I‘m designing one now. Not just a smaller size of the 2.125 RIDER T1, but inspired by the lighter, squarer-profiled, more open-patterned tyres of the late 80s and early 90s.

I am very excited about this new development, but want to be realistic with both myself and with the vintage MTB community. If the first tyre doesn’t prove successful, then a second model isn’t likely to happen.

Even if you’d rather have a 1,95, please strongly consider supporting me by buying at least a pair of the first design, so there can be other Terra One tyres to ensure a dirty future for all of our favorite bikes and trails.

We’ve only got one world, so let’s ride as much as we can.
Terrance Malone
Terra One

Re:

Great idea!
i would love to see a ritchey zmax style/clone in 1.95 in amberwalls in blk , grey , brown/red variation they were a great all round tyre and you could corner with them well which i found i couldnt on panaracer smokes or tioga psychos which i thinik were more of a wet mud tyre

( ive ritchey zmax go for £150 used so i know theres a demand for them- i even tried to contact tom ritchey and plead with him to release them again .... but ritchey sent me a link to their current tyres :cry: )

bear in mind that most retro bikes came with 1.95 tyres and there was barely enough clearence for a 2.0 2.1 tyre especially when mud gets in there on wet rides kleins used a 2.3 tyre i believe? and then the teams would use 1.8 or 1.9 tyres for that less rolling resistance speed advantage like the ritchey zmax 1.9 alpinestars tim gould used
Again great idea! and good luck

Re: Re:

PeteC":19zic0b3 said:
I'm buying some.

I've got to buy some now! - my 20+ year old Panaracer smoke lite compe (albeit a used example) has just fallen apart after a muddy 17.5 mile ride! :(
It was the only amber wall I had that I could get to fit into the '89 Kili Flyer....keeping the NOS for best and looking out there for a modern replacement now.... but no one offers/ still sells an skin wall 1.95 :evil:

Definitely onto a winner ( especially in the 1.95's ) when they are for sale.

Hopefully I'd of worn my blackwall replacements out by then to treat myself to a spanky set of new amber walls for the rider!

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Smoke lite shred 2.jpg
    Smoke lite shred 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Smoke lite shred.jpg
    Smoke lite shred.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 123
Back