Tech Help - Rockshox Super Deluxe shock

TOMAS

Senior Retro Guru
Anybody on here ever serviced one of these, or know someone/somewhere who will?

I'm fairly handy with a wrench and I've serviced/rebuilt a few front forks but reading up on the service guides online for this shock, at the point of pressurizing with nitrogen etc, it all seems a bit past me perhaps.

I've just picked up a bike running one of these and seems to have naff all rebound on any adjustment. I like to be able to ride all my retros and at present a pogo stick would be more stable than this thing lol...

Any tips/contacts or pointers greatly appreciated.

Re:

D lockwood on here serviced a couple of mine. Cant remember his username but search Ebay for super deluxe, you might find him selling some on there (dlocki might be his Ebay name?).

He may see your post and reply on here.

Re: Re:

ishaw":56zz4nq2 said:
D lockwood on here serviced a couple of mine. Cant remember his username but search Ebay for super deluxe, you might find him selling some on there (dlocki might be his Ebay name?).

Cheers, will try hunting him down, meanwhile anyone else out there able to help please?

TOMAS":20tvyar9 said:
ishaw":20tvyar9 said:

Cheers, will try hunting him down, meanwhile anyone else out there able to help please?
have you ever managed to find that dude?

I was able to dismount the SuperDeluxe, I am just not sure how many times the rubber insert can tolerate needles going through before it needs to be swapped. Newer Fox / RS have much smaller nitrogen charging ports and have single-use plastic inserts

rva":13msmy4e said:
TOMAS":13msmy4e said:
ishaw":13msmy4e said:

have you ever managed to find that dude?

I was able to dismount the SuperDeluxe, I am just not sure how many times the rubber insert can tolerate needles going through before it needs to be swapped. Newer Fox / RS have much smaller nitrogen charging ports and have single-use plastic inserts

Never did manage to sort this out, my giant is hanging with the rest of the garage queen collecting at the moment. Took it on a very gentle ride out but it has no air or nitrogen in the shock so probably not doing it any good at all :(

Back