Help!! Trying to identify Manufacturer of Bike Frame(Update)

JOD1985

Retro Newbie
Hi Everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone could identify the manufacturer of my bike frame which I've owned for around 20 years.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atth-I7g-hvIoAhMo_m ... d?e=141nDb

I've narrowed it down to possibly Saracen Trekker or Claud butler quantum. Reason being - the frame was originally polished aluminium or chrome lacquered.

Parts taken off possibly fitted new where:

BH-M600 Shimano v brakes
FC-M16 Crankset
RD-MC16 Rear Derailleur
BL-M600 Brake Leavers
Also Everest Rear Gear Mech Hanger (Rare fitment) (Game Changer in research up to now)
BB-LP26 Bottom bracket
SL-MC38 Gear shifter

Unfortunately I can't make out the frame serial number as it has been defaced.

Hope you can help.
Jonny
Ps. This is the bike finished.. I have other photos if interested:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atth-I7g-hvIoAkjJ2j ... k?e=qiOugk

As you can see... I've already presumed Claud butler quantum :LOL:

Re:

Pic in the post to save the hassle of going external to view.

Sorry But I have no idea who the manufacturer was.

20190919_113601.jpg

No idea, but what's with the extra weld on the down tube up near the head tube junction?

jimo746":101bpxs8 said:
No idea, but what's with the extra weld on the down tube up near the head tube junction?

Got a crack in the frame in 2001/2002. Stripped it down and got it welded. The bike has been sat for around 10 years. I decided to bring it back to life 3-4 weeks ago! So far so good. I wonder how old the parts are that came off the bike?

Looks just like a Claud Butler i had. Mine was Neon Fuscia pink but I cannot remember model. Everything else was the same look as that frame including forks.

Thanks for the photo. Noticed this bike in my previous research. I'm just trying to distinguish between claud butler and saracen. Does anyone know what manufacturer parts they predominantly used in the 90s for each brand? Derailleurs/gear shifters/brakes etc?

I believe that claud butler used Tioga parts and poss Saracen Shimano?

Back