Giant ATX 990, 990, 980, 970, 900 etc etc

I'm picking one of these up at the weekend. It has the long travel plates on but I'm after some of the standard plates....can anyone help?? :)

I have a 970 here guys that is metallic green frame with grey rear end. Rock shoxs (d2 I think) and red deore v brakes.
What year is this please and is worth restoring and selling?

ChrisBrown81":2ff6qmvq said:
Team Animal '97....

Does anyone have anymore pictures of the Giant's Team Animal used to ride circa 1996? I'm sure I remember sky blue front triangle with orange rear triangle..?

These guys were one of the top teams of the day so surprised I can't find more on them

Re:

Also interested in a set for my 970
Also would you guys happen to know anywhere to order bushings to suit the 970

Re:

I know they are not very hard to come by so maybe even if anyone had the dimensions of them and il have have my friend fabricate some

Re:

Hi, just found this forum after a bit of Googling, just dug out my old Giant ATX 980 and I want to get it up and running again. I'm not sure how old it is but I've had it since the mid to late 90's, I swapped it for an old banger back then. It's in reasonable shape considering but needs a bit of TLC. First thing i want to fix is the forks as they appear to have collapsed. They are Rock Shox Judy DH, i'm guessing they weren't standard from Giant but thats why I'm here. From looking around I think these have polymer inserts and that is what have disintegrated causing them to collapse. Does anyone know what and why to get what I need to fix them?

Here's a few pics of how it is at the moment.
iR2KdQx.jpg

foriIul.jpg

SprbxVo.jpg

INaxiyX.jpg

nD5EHqw.jpg

Back