Bike of the month August 2019 - NOMINATIONS

Re: Disco Drive's 1988 Radical

Disco Drive":1a0zeex5 said:
Disco Drive's 1988 Radical
Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=399065

A brilliant Job and brilliant thread too...!!!

Had this not been entered into BOTM, I would have missed it completely, Thankful to Adrian for keeping the BOTM going despite increasing commitments, and the chance for folk to enter great bikes that we might not have seen otherwise.

mk one":1fo5svwm said:
:LOL: :facepalm: smithjss70, seriously!? this is no place for snobbery, the site is for any and all who are into retro bikes, even if they dont have money to burn. There is a current discussion on this exact subject.

And for what its worth, i thought it was a great comment, made me smile :LOL:

+1

I see the hours and love (plus $$$) sacrificed to the extraordinary Yeti, very very well done and congrats on the upcoming win, but maybe the carbon tubes weren't processed long enough in a british humor bath as its sarcasm radar might have some flaws..

As my own Lightning project is slowly brewing in the garage, it's great to see d8mok's and StarTREK's "building around gray gold" projects!

-Turkka

I thought I had a bike in the shed that could compete with the (magnificent!!) Yeti, but it's far from finished. So I took another unfinished project and spent some hours to complete the build. Not as "hors catégorie" as the Yeti but still nice to throw a leg over (forgive me my lack of modesty).

WimVDD's 1997/1998 Ritchey Project 20

Ritchey Project 20 frame
RS Sid forks
Shimano XTR 950 front and rear derailleur
Grip Shift SRT600 shifters
Ritchey Logic brake levers and canti's
Ritchey Logic crankset
Ritchey WCS pedals
Ritchey Force Lite bars and stem (without decals)
Mavic 117 SUP rims on XT 737 Parallax hubs and Odyssey Svelte Ti skewers
Ritchey Megabite Z Max tires

Attachments

• P20_2.jpg
    P20_2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 3,906
  • P20_1.jpg
    P20_1.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 3,906
See now this is starting to get to be like the BOTMs fondly remembered.

Some cool additions to the comp.

Quality breeds Quality

WimVDD":20dateyr said:
I thought I had a bike in the shed that could compete with the (magnificent!!) Yeti, but it's far from finished. So I took another unfinished project and spent some hours to complete the build. Not as "hors catégorie" as the Yeti but still nice to throw a leg over (forgive me my lack of modesty).

WimVDD's 1997/1998 Ritchey Project 20

Ritchey Project 20 frame
RS Sid forks
Shimano XTR 950 front and rear derailleur
Grip Shift SRT600 shifters
Ritchey Logic brake levers and canti's
Ritchey Logic crankset
Ritchey WCS pedals
Ritchey Force Lite bars and stem (without decals)
Mavic 117 SUP rims on XT 737 Parallax hubs and Odyssey Svelte Ti skewers
Ritchey Megabite Z Max tires

ohhh what a beautiful composition !!!!!!!

StarTREK":255jd2zu said:
ohhh what a beautiful composition !!!!!!!

Thanks. I'll probably make some changes in the future (when I have the money for it...) - WCS tyres and wheels with Ritchey rims, for example- but at the moment I'm very happy with the result. This is my second Ritchey, but to me this is my only "real one" (I have a modernish P Team from 2014 - I like it but don't consider it a Ritchey).

Re:

And there are some really nice bikes here. I have a weak spot for both the Ti bikes shown here (as they remind me of my beloved/departed 1994 DEAN).

Back