Bike of the month August 2019 - NOMINATIONS

Nice bike, the Smithjss70's 1989 Yeti C-26 Tribute Bike. Colourfull and an eyecathcer. Please avoid envious behavier and have a nice peacefull sunday. Do not be silly here in case of a slight difference of the rules. As a bell which is not from the right era.... :)

Ahhh, good ole' BOTM.

The first rule is that if you're not prepared for the Critique, don't enter.

FWIW, I like your Yeti. I'm glad it was pointed out that it wasn't an original, but most bikes on here (I suspect) have a large element of modern to them, and if you look back, the last one of these was controversial too.

Peachy asked a question, you could have come back with (as has been said) 'no different to a steel frame with replacement tubes', but you came back with an attitude instead. You basically offered Peachy out, which IMO is both aggressive and childish.

You've made a nice thing and entered it into a competition. You have to expect this form of critique.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1oxqw9d1 said:
What Smithjss70 meant to say was was this is a retro bike, it has had some tubes replaced as you would with a rusty Roberts for example, only this time he's gone with carbon tubes to emulate a bike he loves and yes as with many retro rides there may be some non period correct parts that are still in keeping with the build.

I agree with this. Without major repairs and restoration work we wouldn’t have seen a lot of the rare bikes that grace this forum. Some of the rarest British bikes on here would’ve never been seen again and there would be piles of Fat’s consigned to the scrap heap with rotten seat tubes! The C-26 is an iconic and important bike and though this is “only” a replica is has a little more history behind it than might be obvious.

Another thread that has exploded without my input? I must be losing my touch.

As for face to face arguments/ discussions - I'm happy to do so but only if the airfare is paid for in advance...

The bike in question? A little over the top for me personally, I'd have dropped the purple but gone full flouro on the cables.

Sadly I have nothing to enter this month with which to face the full force of critique and reason

d8mok":1deus6g2 said:
Well that’s gone and ruined it for rest of us lol

:LOL: Exactly this! :LOL:

Everytime I think ooh maybe I should enter this month, I might have something that would attract a vote or two on a par with the others - boom! in comes some hi-end stuff dripping in bling to sway the voters! :facepalm:
Great stuff to look at, just wish I had that sort of stuff in my arsenal!

My two pence on the C-26 - it's a yes from me. So some of the tubes might not be from the era, but the owner has never tried to hide that, therefore it's inclusion should be down to the admin but with mutual discussion/agreement with the owner.

I must admit that I once entered a bike in this very competition for which I used an internal gear cable that came fresh from my LBS..
:oops:

retrobikeguy":chbccj3v said:
RBG's Dave Hinde 653

Picked this up a while back in quite a state, internal cable routing replaced and new paint/decals plus my favorite Deore dx groupset :)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/search ... p;start=35

IMG-20190714-125126.jpg

IMG-20190714-125016.jpg

Nice!!!!!!! :cool:

Double-E F":16etbsz1 said:
I must admit that I once entered a bike in this very competition for which I used an internal gear cable that came fresh from my LBS..

:shock: Next you'll be telling us that you use new grease...

Once A Hero":2v5rbfcw said:
Double-E F":2v5rbfcw said:

:shock: Next you'll be telling us that you use new grease...

Or new air in your tubes, assuming you run them. That’s a nut-buster for sure.

Latest posts

Back