Mountainbiking in Vancouver

Miles

Devout Dirtbag
Hey,

Apologies if this is wrong forum but am going on holiday with wife, baby and in laws for 10 days flying out this friday.
I would love to get a ride or 2 in. Anyone who's been have any advice - will need to rent a bike - not looking for anything too hardcore (recovering from pelvic stress fracture) but seems too good an opportunity to miss!

Thanks,

Miles

It’s been a very long time since I’ve been riding in and around Vancouver (pre North Shore!), but I had some amazing rides around Whistler. The mountain downhill roads are amazing, but maybe too much on a dodgy pelvis. There’s plenty going on around the bottom of Whistler and Blackcomb though.

Most memorable bit for me: having my first ever go on a Pace RC200 with Maguras. My Marin never felt the same again :(

Re:

Howdy Miles - Vancouverite here!

Yup, lots to choose from. You can take the wife and kids to Stanley Park, and just outside the park rent all kinds of bikes for the whole family, then circumnavigate the park (approx ten km) on what is called the Seawall (fabulous views/fresh sea air); or, you can cut across/through the park on some benign gravel pathways, immersing yourselves in the dense rain-forest and gaining/losing a couple hundred feet of altitude for a bit of a workout, while the wife and kids entertain themselves in the water park/pool at Lumberman'a Arch if they're not up to a bit of a sweat.

Or - if your pelvis will allow, you can haul your bike(s) up to Simon Fraser University on Burnaby Mntn, whereby are existing some really sweet mid-level (and a couple more challenging) downhill single track runs, each eating up about 300 vertical meters.

Or - you can spend your next months, years, or hours income (depending on your tax bracket) ... and take the tribe up to Whistler, and watch the dollars jump out of your pockets whilst session-ing the crazy shite in the Whistler Mntn Bike Park (but have a fabulous time!!!) ...

cheers!!

ps: then, there's the world famous - where I cut my early downhill teeth before suspension was introduced for bikes - North Shore (google some vids about that) :cool:

Re: Re:

k-rod":3drqm3md said:
Howdy - Vancouverite here!
Or - you can spend your next months, years, or hours income (depending on your tax bracket) ... and take the tribe up to Whistler, and watch the dollars jump out of your pockets (but have a fabulous time!!!) ...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Likewise, the Shore calling in here. I wouldn't turn down a spin around the Endowment Lands near UBC, lots of nice trails of varying degrees of difficulty.

Re:

Just a quick update - did a full day North Shore Tour through this firm:

https://www.essentialcycles.com/

Really highly recommend if anyone else is thinking about doing something similar or if you just want to rent a bike.

Had an amazing time - Vancouverites are so lucky!

Re: Mtn biking in vancouver

I would add that pacific Spirit park, close to UBC, is laced with great trails, super easy, temperate rain forest.
Or if you have a car rental, head to Port Coquitlam, I have a bike you can use and I will take you on the Coquitlam River trails, also very easy but beautiful. Swimming as well
cheers

Back