Northern retro MTB show meet June 2020 - update Page5

Re: Possible Northern show & shine meet ..... June 2020

gonna bring just 5 bikes, all british and different materials :)

i can bring a 6x3 traders gazeebo as well, its got my mates old car shop logo on it but i rek we can tape over that if needed.

lee, if you want to discuss me helping organisng it make sure youve enough water in the kettle for when i pop this zinn over to you ;)

longun":35a62wdw said:

lee, if you want to discuss me helping organisng it make sure youve enough water in the kettle for when i pop this zinn over to you ;)

Might hold you to that buddy....

Re:

They had a retro - old mtb display up a few years back, maybe the first time I went. Either the year before or close to the year of The Floods.
so before they regroup and have what they have now.

I assume it pretty much the same weekend
Tent in the fields, walk over to the displays, shops, stalls etc.

You seem to have not mentioned the bike Jumble Sale, so anyone bringing bikes can buy more old tat or possibly, heaven forbid... as I know I don't, sell some tat.

There are also rides to go on, this year I think they had a nice vintage road ride somewhere.
and there is probably a few other rides too around the area ?

anyway.
Kepp in mind a few things.
You'll have to pay for everything as a group, that's the way of the York Rally CIC, it's not-for-profit and cost in excess of £20K just to put on the event.

The ground is hugh, space will not be a problem.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.93976 ... a=!3m1!1e3

Planning meeting is 21st September for anyone that wants to get involved
https://twitter.com/yorkrally

I'm in no way affiliated, or helped out. I just know about it.

Bikes, if the weekend is free I'll bring some along. One or two or eight.

you may see them at jumble sales, I had a chat to them at one down the road from me, nice people.

Re:

Thank you for your input and info,

I spoke to Charlie who is one of the organisers last year and put across the idea to him, obviously we are not retailers nor are we selling a membership and he seemed to think that we may be able to get a pitch space to show our bikes for nothing if we can convince the committee that it will bring more people to the show, more campers, more profit for the retail stands and a different aspect of cycling plus if we can get up to say 70+ bikes it will certainly make the show look busier and more successful for other retailers thinking of coming the following year.

Like I say, I really want to push the win win feel that we as a group could bring to the rally.

If they want to charge well see what they think is reasonable but if not really wanting to we could all just turn up and park our bicycles in a line on a random piece of grass as if we're just visiting for the weekend.... Surely they can't charge for that can they......

Re:

If it was me, I wouldn't charge anyone who is turning up to display if it just taking unused room.

You're and advert, a museum, a show piece.
Like you say, not there for any money.

More like a group going to spend money on the stalls, camping, rides etc.
That does mean no banners, no RetroBike advert etc. RetroBike is a ltd company still, iirc.
At least in my opinion.

I hope this works out and their date is good.
It has clashed a lot with Mountain Mayhem and/or some deep southen ride somewhere.

Mayhem is the week before and the Malverns has been pushed back to the end of August 2020

longun":2g9n1834 said:

i can bring a 6x3 traders gazeebo as well, its got my mates old car shop logo on it but i rek we can tape over that if needed.

Is one of the materials cake?

al.

Re:

Ok fellow Retrobikers.

I'm confident we have a go ahead for the 2020 retro meet at the York cycle rally which will be held at York racecourse on the 20-21 june. this date will be confirmed at the next commitee meeting later this month.

as discussed previously, all retrobikes are welcome, they dont need to be pristine or high end, just retro, It would be nice to stay within the BC - 1997 time frame for bikes but I wont turn away anything a tad past, please lets just enjoy the bikes.

Now, I really do need to see some hands from all who intends to come along on what days and the number of bikes you will be bringing, just trying to guage the size of the area we would need to secure for our display, also Chris, if this weekend is doable for you lets have a gazebo incase its blistering heat again...

just think of it as fun please, it'll be a good chance to meet a few new faces, butt heads and talk retro shit.

camping/campervan/caravan space is available (see website)

Thank you
Lee
RBG

Back