Orange aluminium 0

pantzzzz

Dirt Disciple
Hi. Got my old orange bike out of the garage after years. Two questions. A/Is it worth anything? B/ is it worth getting it roadworthy again, was thinking maybe disc brakes, gear shifter is broken. Where would I go in Sussex to find anyone who can get this up to speed again?

Attachments

• IMG_20190715_201909841_compress31.jpg
    IMG_20190715_201909841_compress31.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 898
Re:

You'll find a buyer no worries if you want to sell and it'll be worth £150/200ish I'd have thought.

As for upgrades I reckon discs are a no-no unless you use one of those funny canti mount brackets. You can easily source replacement original parts from here so you just need to decide what groupset you want.

Re:

I'm sure there's someone on here looking for an orange & white aluminium O, I just can't remember who! :facepalm:

Re:

I'm not really looking to sell it unless it's worth something, which 150 etc isn't to me. Does anyone know what original groupset toys would have had and all the other bits to get it sorted out? And how much that would cost? I actually know nothing about bikes ...!

Nice bike, I would keep it original.
Aluminium O's are not worth a great deal unfortunately, £150-200.. seems right.
Original groups set can be anything early 90s stuff. Dx m560, xt m735, xtr.
Will obviously need a fair bit of work doing if it hasn't been used for a long time. Such as new cables, checking parts havent seized. Main expense will be replacing the groupset. Looks like you have most of the original components. Your talking a few hundred pounds worth of work, if your intending to take it to a bike shop plus buying parts. You will need to source the parts prior to taking to a shop tho, but getting early 90s stuff is fairly easy still. Anyway good luck, show us your progress, great bike. :D

There was a paint problem on a lot of the Alu Os with the orange/white fade flaking off. They were repainted under warranty, but only in black, so yours is somewhat unusual to have survived.

Old Aluminium bikes are chronically under-appreciated in general.

Re:

Cool thanks guys! Yes the paint certainly has faded in places and is also flaking in places. But I don't really mind too much most of it is fine. Could someone give me a list of stuff that's I'd need, groupset and the grip gear shifters, and the brakes that are appropriate? Where do I find them on here?

Latest posts

Back