Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:52 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1027 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 59%  59%  [ 130 ]
Link from a friend 14%  14%  [ 31 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 14%  14%  [ 32 ]
Something else 10%  10%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 221
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:21 am 
Dirt Disciple

New member on the North Shore, Vancouver, Canada. I've been into road and mountain bikes for many years. Just picked up a 1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium from a government auction.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello, Londoner who now lives in the city of Grenoble, situated in the french alpes. This region is rich in biking history notably home to Routens and Liberia. Acquired a Ferraroli recently that was missing most of its parts hence I found myself here.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:20 pm 

Good evening all, I'm from Folkestone and now currently work and live in France. I was chatting with an old friend and we started talking bikes, and then retro bikes and I decided to find myself a Zaskar and build a retro/modern bike. Found this forum through various Google searches so thought I'd sign up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:08 pm 

Hi all,

From Hertfordshire but now living in Exeter, Devon in the UK. Got a soft spot for 90's Kona's and a few other oddities from the old end and the recent acquisition of a 1991 Kona Lava Dome frame from ebay (badly in need of stripping and respraying in some way) for less than a decent lunch would cost has me wandering the internet in search of old parts so I've come for inspiration and expert(?) advice.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm 

Hi, my name is Jan and a I ride a Klein attitude comp 2001, it might be a bit new for your liking. I've come across this site looking for info on repairing cracked aluminium frames. Not for my own bike but for a Klein Adept frame I've come across.

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 pm 

Hi, I'm back in the saddle after many years away, I've dusted off my 1995 GT Tempest and fitted hybrid tyres for the daily commute to and from work (please don't shoot me for the tyre choice hehehe). I suppose I really should look at updating my steed but it feels like rekindling a relationship with an old friend when I sit on her. I hope to get out and do a few trails in the near future but as I've got older the fear of falling off, particularly into nettles has increased :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi there—writing from New York after having recently reentered the world of mountain biking following a roughly 20 year hiatus. My 10 year old son has just started riding off road and it seemed like a great opportunity for me to get back on the trails.

I rode and raced a lot from about 1989-1997 and spent summers working in a shop as a teenager (I built a lot of 800-series treks and specialized hard rocks; the shops also sold Merlins and I.F.s but I wasn’t allowed to touch those).

When I decided to start riding again I found myself absolutely overwhelmed by the cost and complexity of today’s bikes, and quickly went to the secondary market looking for something more like my (long-gone) Breezer storm from 1993. And I found one, immediately, for a song and in pretty much brand-new condition. It’s a 1993 Breezer Jet Stream—same dark red as my storm (which was stolen the night before a norba national in big bear, California, but that’s another story).

I also found an old ibis that I’ve been fixing up (posted some pics the other day)—that process has led me here. And now I’m afraid I’m going to get more bikes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

...posted twice, sry

Post subject: Re: New to retro mtb
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi,

New to the retro mtb scene. Although l still have a GT moto in the garage in blue somewhere in the garage.

My "new" ride. GT Avalanche in CroMo. Couldn't bring myself to buy a modern, made up term "Gravel Bike" :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:22 am 
Dirt Disciple

Just returned to cycling with my son, found this forum by chance

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1027 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next