Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hi there, it must be said that it's extremely rare of a U.G.L.I fork to come up for sale, I looked for best part of a year for one (on it's own) to go on one in my collection and have never seen one on any of the forums, ebay etc! I used to ride one as a teen and must be said they are fairly flexy forks, as above I think you'll enjoy a Pace RC30 fork on it. I run an RC30 on one of my Diablos and it handles great!

Also must be said a complete rarity for a Torus in daily use to still be going, they are prone to cracks from fatigue sadly :(

maddadof4":6r307bzc said:
Picked her up today 92 Diablo but been resprayed and needs some work, the previous owner has lost the tube sticker which shows the dynatech number.
Not sure whether to leave the colour or change it over winter please see the pics and also wondered if I could get a frame number sticker

Glad to see that went to a good home, someone on here and local to me! I forgot to bid and you got it for a steal! I already have 3 Diablos in my collection and live other side of the river to you :).

If you need any advice or bits just PM me, I went through a Raleigh/DYNA made phase and have a BIG collection as you can see below.

Re: team dynatech

Hi - I have a team banana colours dynatech mountain bike frameset and would consider moving this on. It’s was my racing mountain bike from back in the early 90’s and I believe came from the team itself. If I recall correctly it had a suntour groupset on. It’s not in bad nick for such an old frame and holds a lot of memories for me. However it now sits in my loft. I will send pics to the group but would be grateful for any info on the bike and if anyone is interested

Philgez":19nmkzcz said:
Hi - I have a team banana colours dynatech mountain bike frameset and would consider moving this on. It’s was my racing mountain bike from back in the early 90’s and I believe came from the team itself. If I recall correctly it had a suntour groupset on. It’s not in bad nick for such an old frame and holds a lot of memories for me. However it now sits in my loft. I will send pics to the group but would be grateful for any info on the bike and if anyone is interested
you have a pm

Philgez":3w06q8f8 said:

Would love to see some pics!

Having not long bought a dynatec mt4 frameset to many bikes and lack of time has forced me to put it of for sale lots of Xtr m900 bits too pm me if of interest to anyone cheers

mtbkez":lx6eiyyn said:
Having not long bought a dynatec mt4 frameset to many bikes and lack of time has forced me to put it of for sale lots of Xtr m900 bits too pm me if of interest to anyone cheers

Hi, this needs to go into the for sale section and it needs a fixed price on it ;)

Re:

Yes that’s my next step just seeing if there’s enough interest and going you guys the heads up first before I do cheers

Re:

So I put this in the general thread but might be better off in here. Picking this beauty up in a week having paid the deposit. Apparently it used to belong to either Elliot Baxter or Ian Cuthbertson. Ive got a whole bunch of M-Trax elites which I love, that lead onto me tracking down a titanium Roadbike and finally the matching titanium mtb. Haven’t picked it up yet but it had no head tube badge so the owner stuck this decal on when he got it 21 years ago. All the XTR m950 goodies and M7CD Energy Mavic rims will be going on it. Any ideas what headline badge it should have and what year it would be? Thanks.

Attachments

• 93C70EE1-37DD-4978-8732-B2DC5F9760CF.jpeg
    93C70EE1-37DD-4978-8732-B2DC5F9760CF.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 718
  • 4D2DD1DA-C62A-4A65-AD98-AEDBAF8635DE.jpeg
    4D2DD1DA-C62A-4A65-AD98-AEDBAF8635DE.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 720
  • 3DBD559A-5626-43DF-B41F-E168C598B174.jpeg
    3DBD559A-5626-43DF-B41F-E168C598B174.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 721
  • 09F6283D-C181-4787-BA23-FC40BB353559.jpeg
    09F6283D-C181-4787-BA23-FC40BB353559.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 721
  • 7A38BCEA-F984-4400-A350-A2CB93D00871.jpeg
    7A38BCEA-F984-4400-A350-A2CB93D00871.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 719
Re: Re:

OK-Kazunori":7qtnsli5 said:
So I put this in the general thread but might be better off in here. Picking this beauty up in a week having paid the deposit. Apparently it used to belong to either Elliot Baxter or Ian Cuthbertson. Ive got a whole bunch of M-Trax elites which I love, that lead onto me tracking down a titanium Roadbike and finally the matching titanium mtb. Haven’t picked it up yet but it had no head tube badge so the owner stuck this decal on when he got it 21 years ago. All the XTR m950 goodies and M7CD Energy Mavic rims will be going on it. Any ideas what headline badge it should have and what year it would be? Thanks.

You happen to know the serial number stamped on BB shell as we can work its age from that. My torus has the baby blue Dynatech logo on it, I'll try and grab some snaps when i'm next in the workshop. Mines a 1994 I believe in purple. Ensure you go over yours with a fine tooth comb, sadly cracks in these frame as all too common :(

Back