Post Trek KLEIN - are they really as bad a people make out?

Re:

Dry build for testing... still trying to sort the fork canti studs on the Fatty R forks so on with the old Judy SL for now... just in time for the heavy rain :(

Attachments

• 20190615_161513_resized_1 (1).jpg
    20190615_161513_resized_1 (1).jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 393
Re: Re:

d8mok":23nma5m2 said:
You keeping the Judy SL after this or selling?

Keeping for now bud, rarity to find one with very good internals abeit a few external scuffs but will shout if I sell... did you manage to pickup that steal of a GT in Chesterfield lol?

d8mok":ow7aeltj said:
The LTS 5000 ? The pictures came and I gave it a miss

Yup that was the one, seemed dirt cheap but guessing it was a wreck?

Well now all built and went out for an hour and half ride earlier, first impressions are as to be expected - seriously stiff back end and fractionally too long/low front end for me - to be remedied with a shorter higher rise stem (maybe 100-110mm) and also on the hunt for an inline post as there's a good 25-30mm lay-back on the current factory post! Also a severe lack of damping from the fork, exactly as I found my last set of Judy SL's I picked up - I popped out the elastomers/springs on these last week and all good but I'll get the oil changed in the cartridge to some fresh 10wt to slow things down a bit... looking at it here it really doesn't look shabby but I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good or wallet sometimes, so still have fresh paint in mind...

Attachments

• 20190616_143749_resized_2.jpg
    20190616_143749_resized_2.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 336
It will look good w/ as much black as you can get there: post, crankset, wheels, brakes... let the yeloow stand out against all red and blackness.
Big rubber to soften the ride.

TOMAS":11djwdxe said:
d8mok":11djwdxe said:
The LTS 5000 ? The pictures came and I gave it a miss

Yup that was the one, seemed dirt cheap but guessing it was a wreck?

Well now all built and went out for an hour and half ride earlier, first impressions are as to be expected - seriously stiff back end and fractionally too long/low front end for me - to be remedied with a shorter higher rise stem (maybe 100-110mm) and also on the hunt for an inline post as there's a good 25-30mm lay-back on the current factory post! Also a severe lack of damping from the fork, exactly as I found my last set of Judy SL's I picked up - I popped out the elastomers/springs on these last week and all good but I'll get the oil changed in the cartridge to some fresh 10wt to slow things down a bit... looking at it here it really doesn't look shabby but I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good or wallet sometimes, so still have fresh paint in mind...

Actually I’ve ended up buying it now. It’s not too bad but just never had much love. Needs a proper clean and stuff and it weighs a ton lol

Re:

... well I've been spending again (Klein bug)! This arrived beginning of the week and after a lot of Meguiars and elbow grease it's come up looking great! VERY quick mock build with some bits I have laying about to get a rough idea.

It weighs exactly the same as my Pulse 1630g, however looks to be about 1/2 longer seat tube, same length top tube and 1" longer head tube... this should actually mean that although this one is larger, the cockpit is technically fractionally smaller. Can't wait to get this one built and i'm gonna go with black, lots of glossy black...

Attachments

• 20190621_211808_resized.jpg
    20190621_211808_resized.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 20190621_211758_resized.jpg
    20190621_211758_resized.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 272
Re:

Been playing around with the Pulse again today, Pig Pro headset fitted, still can't bring myself to splash out for the expensive 5/16 caliper post mounts for the Fatty R forks (which were only £10 off Marketplace) so spent 10p in the hardware shop on a pair of bolts/washers and fitted an old Magura front brake I had in a box, I actually think it looks pretty cool...certainly stops well and now to hunt out a white rear maybe!?

Found a pretty cool way of calculating head/seat angles if anybody is anal enough to want to know these - I downloaded a Protractor app, just hold your phone against the flat service with your bike on the flat (garage floors are generally flat) and hey presto!

Attachments

• 20190701_174344_resized.jpg
    20190701_174344_resized.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 20190701_174408_resized.jpg
    20190701_174408_resized.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 212

Latest posts

Back