1990 Saracen Kiliflyer info

markjohnson76

Saracen Fan
Hi,

I picked up this pretty rough barn find 1990 Saracen Kiliflyer the other day. Is has no decals and I can't find any images of one online anywhere. The catalogue pdf scan on this site is great, it confirms what it is but there's only a blurry action shot. Anyone have pics of one from BITD? Did anyone have one?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• KiliAsFound_small.jpg
    KiliAsFound_small.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 678
Re:

By the look of the archive info the 90 range followed the 89’s by way of each models having the same decals except for the model designation. The actual Kilifyler decal font will be the same as the one shown with the bike spec so using the 90 bikes you have with good decals I reckon you could get pretty close.

No, but at least pump the tyres up, its looking sad and neglected like that :|

Mark

mkone":3o0aqdtj said:
No, but at least pump the tyres up, its looking sad and neglected like that :|

Mark

This is 'as found' and the tyres are unfortunately shot. They are Panaracers with loads of tread but full of holes. The bike is being stripped now and the frame will be resprayed.

Thanks Brocklanders for the decal advice, I think you're right. The big 90 comp frame I have here should serve as some help. I still think I might make it a traverse comp though. That's the bike I'm chasing and as rare as these kiliflyers are I think I'll have to sacrifice it. Also, I have a full black 90 LX chains from an Eager comp here, is that like black chainset you're after?

I had one of these back in the 90's. Having stumbled across this old thread, I still have a search now and again for these as I loved it at the time. I do have a picture of mine somewhere. I remember it being the only bike having black Deore XT cantilever brakes and a black Deore XT chainset. When new it had Tioga Farmer Johns Cousin tyres and the frame was a powder coat finish.

Great to see :)

Back