What bike did you want when you first got into atb?

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Mine was a kona, loved the straight forks, sloping top tube and that the low end bikes looked as cool as the top end ones. Then seeing a pace for the first time at newnham set the seed... and we all know what happens there hahahaha

Re:

As a roadie originally, the first one I actually sat on in a shop and was told how amazing it was, was a 88 Marin Pine Mountain. I borrowed a different mates spare one and was hooked. Wasted a fortune on bikes ever since and still doin it :facepalm:

I lived around the corner from Shockwave Mountain Bike store in Nottingham and I remember them being full of very nice oversize polished alloy bikes with Manitous, I always wanted the Marin Team FRS!

Re:

Wanted a '94 Kona Kula, got a '93 Kona Hahanna lol!
I did eventually get a '94 Kula though.

An Emmelle something or other in a sort of smoke effect grey. Then I started reading about MTBs and wanted an Eldridge Grade (and got one — see sig for a ‘replica’). Then I started riding them properly and wanted an RC200 (mostly after trying a Magura braked square seat tubed one in Whistler in ‘94). Never got one BITD, but have one now. And love it!

Oh, and always had a hankering for a GT LTS. That itch has still to be scratched...

1987 Claud Butler Matterhorn full Deore XT.....”the Rolls Royce of mountain bike they said....

Not sure I ever believed them, but still want one...

Re:

Had a 89-90? trek 7000 with neon drippy splattered paint (not sure of the best way to describe the factory paint job)... I was a hardcore bmx’er before that, so it was a hesitated step into “weird road bike offroad thing” territory

I was always a Kona fan and ended up having two Lavadomes in 1992 and 1993. First one got stolen in 1993 and the second one stolen in 2000.

Dream bike was always the Dogs Bolx and still is.

Back