Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

That looks great - it's the sibling of my Trekker. Similar handling I suspect but the Trekker might be a hair more aggressive? They do ride very well.

sthodgson":3e5ttxz0 said:
it's the sibling of my Trekker. I suspect but the Trekker might be a hair more aggressive?

Depends on who's riding it mate, I had some work to do on my TV areal today went straight up there on the Tufftrax, never put my food down once.. :LOL: ;)

Re:

Don’t build them like that anymore.

Think trekker has slightly shorter chainstays and a bit less fork rake (wouldn’t that make for slower steering?)Not sure about toptube though, but with that sort of extreme race geometry I would only reach the gutters.

KeepItSteel":2esxq40t said:
who knows, maybe you'll like them?
If you're a fan of keeping things original, I'd stick with them.
Re Biospace - Well after riding the Tufftrax for around 5/6 weeks now you were correct KIS I think they do make a difference & will definitely won't be changing them!
G.

I think the cult of biopace has been debunked along with KOPS. Now we have computers that can actually do the maths. I had biopace on 2 bikes from new and junked the rings in favour of suntour accushift round rings at the time. Keith bontrager wrote a great article about it a few years back, I think it's on sheldon brown.

Back