Riders wanted for a Ten Man team - Retro Bike needs YOU !

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
We're looking to have a final call for Mayhem 2019 and have a few spaces on the last 10 man team. :D

Well another year has past and a new summer is fast approaching, Okay it might feel a bit Baltic outside but it’ll be here before you know it :D and before this years Summer gives way to Autumn, I’ve got to ask do you want to do something memorable this year !……

Well how about ACTUALLY getting out and riding some of those 90’s Antiques in your collection!

Fancy joining 40+ Retrobike Riders already going to Mountain Mayhem 21st to 23rd of June ?

Well now is the time to take action and do it before it becomes one of those things you regret not doing…… you know that inner teenager in you wants to ;) and where else can you have a weekend away for around £50 and be you for weekend [rather than - Dad / Husband / resident Taxi driver etc]

For all the background info on the event click Right Here And last years (okay 2017’s) aftermath can be found Here

If you want to see whose going and their thoughts then hop over to Here

Now the million $ question are you interested in being part of a new ten man (fun) team... then we want you,
Register your interest below and I’ll update the spreadsheet with your name. When we’ve a full house I’ll be looking to collect the entry fee

Time is of the essence and if we’re not careful it will be full before too much longer, don’t leave it as long as these two before taking the plunge and living a little

Lets make the third RetroBike 10 man team a reality. :D

Oh, bollocks. I'm riding the "L'Ardèchoise" in France (on a steel nineties road bike ;-)) the same weekend.

Re:

Hmmm ..... interesting

giphy.gif

What's the itinerary for this. The location is about 2 miles from my home town and I know Martston trusses well - had friends there as a youth. Only problem is I've got tickets for something on Saturday evening in London, so I take it that the main event is Saturday night? Would really like to come along.

Sam

sthodgson":3r8slwbq said:
What's the itinerary for this. The location is about 2 miles from my home town and I know Martston trusses well - had friends there as a youth. Only problem is I've got tickets for something on Saturday evening in London, so I take it that the main event is Saturday night? Would really like to come along.

Sam

Hi Sam

Friday night is party night as everyone gets to lay in bed Sat morning as the event starts at midday - so pop over friday afternoon / evening or even stay

The course opens on Friday around 4pm for about 3 hours in order to ride it at your own pace - so bring a bike if you can and join us ride out

Unless your up early Sunday it will be all over by noon but your welcome to join us at any time and check things out for 2020

Spud

Re:

Many thanks. Will it be the same venue next year or does it change?

It's seems very ironic to me that mountain biking has come home to me now that I have left, in possibly the most un-mtb area in the country! I used to bomb around in the eighties looking for every hill and bridleway but it's slim pickings. Will be good fun for xc though.

Re: Re:

sthodgson":2vexiwkq said:
Many thanks. Will it be the same venue next year or does it change?

It's seems very ironic to me that mountain biking has come home to me now that I have left, in possibly the most un-mtb area in the country! I used to bomb around in the eighties looking for every hill and bridleway but it's slim pickings. Will be good fun for xc though.

it should be the home of the event for many years to come, it only moved from the Malverns as the track was prone to water logging of Glastonbury proportions or a WW1 battlefield, Gatcombe was great but with the increasing Security risk to the country I think it became a none started due to the cost of policing a Royal Estate

so all in all hopefully we've a new spiritual home in the making, come along Friday from midday and stop as late as you dare before going back to London on the Saturday - will be free for you to get in and have a mooch around and see if its for you next year

Spud

Back