Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re:

Ferrari didnt invent the motor car. Their cars werent made by Enzo Ferrari or his direct descendants personally but their employees, sub contractors & fabricators etc. Its a premium aspirational product, which still embodies the perfectionist ethos and competitive drive of the Company Founder. Some people spend £5-15K buying a replica Ferrari to Chav about outside an Essex night club thinking its just as good (fools the birds) as a real one, as it runs on gas, has 4 wheels, makes noise and looks similar. Other manufacturers make faster cars, at a price. A lucky few are fortunate to have the means and determination to buy a used or genuine new one because they always wanted one. Its a choice you make. Life is short, yolo. Plenty on so called basic income spend the price of a supercar over a lifetime or less on fags, booze and drugs. Its a choice we make :D

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3673189650

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4244809438

Cheap FAT Ti ;) https://ebay.us/gRXHRe

:mrgreen:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

M-Power":1vz6ncn6 said:
Ferrari didnt invent the motor car. Their cars werent made by Enzo Ferrari or his direct descendants personally but their employees, sub contractors & fabricators etc. Its a premium aspirational product, which still embodies the perfectionist ethos and competitive drive of the Company Founder. Some people spend £5-15K buying a replica Ferrari to Chav about outside an Essex night club thinking its just as good (fools the birds) as a real one, as it runs on gas, has 4 wheels, makes noise and looks similar. Other manufacturers make faster cars, at a price. A lucky few are fortunate to have the means and determination to buy a used or genuine new one because they always wanted one. Its a choice you make. Life is short, yolo. Plenty on so called basic income spend the price of a supercar over a lifetime or less on fags, booze and drugs. Its a choice we make :D

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3673189650

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4244809438

Cheap FAT Ti ;) https://ebay.us/gRXHRe

:mrgreen:

You are of course completely right. Enzo didnt make any claims about his cars being handbuilt by him, nor did he stand with a welding torch for a photo shoot, in the hope potential consumers would believe it so. ;)

And of course you are right, Some are so overwhelmed taken in by the marketing propaganda of a brand and product, there love affair wont be dashed by any level of common sense at all.
Some will go to unbridled lengths with imitations even when the pocket doesn't run to it.

Im sure the folk in Essex wont like you blaming them for "the blinded by the light" scenario though. Good Marketing Propaganda is a Global phenomenon, not just Essex based to be fair.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

You are of course completely right. Enzo didnt make any claims about his cars being handbuilt by him, nor did he stand with a welding torch for a photo shoot, in the hope potential consumers would believe it so. ;)

He has built his own bikes in the past from scratch FACT and i have no doubt still does to a very high standard. Plenty of pics of him ‘using’ the torch since his comeback ;) and not just to light his blunt. As the Principal of his business, its his prerogative to employ ‘others’ with similar or even better welding ability to do most of the work. IROBOT being the best imo. He’s been through a lot over the years and is putting himself out there again with a lean comeback operation. I am a big fan of start up businesses. Its very tough out there. Easy to knock people.

The number of spin off companies after FAT CITY CYCLES closed in 94 is amazing 30 + Many of the ex employees talk fondly of their time there and are clearly still enamoured with the FAT CHANCE brand comeback. That all speaks volumes to me. So, what recognition have you achieved in life ?

How many of the bikes in your esteemed collection were all fully hand made by the Company Principal with photographic proof of course ? Chas Roberts had frame builders etc Yet another FAT segmented fork rip-off from Zinn too ;) So enlighten me about all the original designs from the likes of Zinn, Roberts, Dave Lloyd et al ?

And of course you are right, Some are so overwhelmed taken in by the marketing propaganda of a brand and product, there love affair wont be dashed by any level of common sense at all.

Nothing to do with common sense. Its personal preference based on lots of experience owning and test riding numerous models and other iconic brands over the years from the retro era.

Some will go to unbridled lengths with imitations even when the pocket doesn't run to it. Im sure the folk in Essex wont like you blaming them for "the blinded by the light" scenario though. Good Marketing Propaganda is a Global phenomenon, not just Essex based to be fair.[/quote]

Not ‘blaming’ anybody. I have spent plenty of time around Chelmsford, Loughton and the Essex club scene in my youth and seen such monstrosities first hand, plenty about. The transition paint Diablo will forever stick in my mind :LOL: Whats daft is the money wasted modifying a replica when a genuine base model could have been bought for not much more, becoming an appreciating asset with free motoring ;)

I get the Iconoclastic agenda nevertheless :mrgreen:

M-Power":389i41pd said:

He has built his own bikes in the past from scratch FACT and i have no doubt still does to a very high standard. Plenty of pics of him ‘using’ the torch since his comeback ;) and not just to light his blunt. As the Principal of his business, its his prerogative to employ ‘others’ with similar or even better welding ability to do most of the work. IROBOT being the best imo. He’s been through a lot over the years and is putting himself out there again with a lean comeback operation. I am a big fan of start up businesses. Its very tough out there. Easy to knock people.

The number of spin off companies after FAT CITY CYCLES closed in 94 is amazing 30 + Many of the ex employees talk fondly of their time there and are clearly still enamoured with the FAT CHANCE brand comeback. That all speaks volumes to me. So, what recognition have you achieved in life ?

How many of the bikes in your esteemed collection were all fully hand made by the Company Principal with photographic proof of course ? Chas Roberts had frame builders etc Yet another FAT segmented fork rip-off from Zinn too ;) So enlighten me about all the original designs from the likes of Zinn, Roberts, Dave Lloyd et al ?

Nothing to do with common sense. Its personal preference based on lots of experience owning and test riding numerous models and other iconic brands over the years from the retro era.

Some will go to unbridled lengths with imitations even when the pocket doesn't run to it. Im sure the folk in Essex wont like you blaming them for "the blinded by the light" scenario though. Good Marketing Propaganda is a Global phenomenon, not just Essex based to be fair.

Not ‘blaming’ anybody. I have spent plenty of time around Chelmsford, Loughton and the Essex club scene in my youth and seen such monstrosities first hand, plenty about. The transition paint Diablo will forever stick in my mind :LOL: Whats daft is the money wasted modifying a replica when a genuine base model could have been bought for not much more, becoming an appreciating asset with free motoring ;)

I get the Iconoclastic agenda nevertheless :mrgreen:[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with you having a religious veneration for Chris Chance, we all get it.... ;)

Re:

Sometimes drinking the Coolaid copiously is actually worth it ;) Essex is the capital of fake, fake tan, teeth, boobs, cars etc. They celebrate it and laugh about it, maybe thats why they are so popular on Tv.

Keep it FAT :mrgreen:

WWC":1mcizmjl said:
Recently picked up a Jeff Jones original ti spaceframe & fork for £1000.

Ooo, tease! Is it one of the straight line frames before he went all swoopy? Have you got a thread? Can I have it when you’re done?

pete_mcc":33lbq2hp said:
WWC":33lbq2hp said:
Recently picked up a Jeff Jones original ti spaceframe & fork for £1000.

Ooo, tease! Is it one of the straight line frames before he went all swoopy? Have you got a thread? Can I have it when you’re done?

I would say apologies to the op for the thread hijack but apparently that’s me so here’s a link:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=393095&p=2907339#p2907339

It’s pre-offshore and pre-merlin made by Jones apparently.

Quite early I think...

Re:

50 pages in, the thread probably needs some light relief now and again. That frames lovely - let me know when you get bored!

Back